About This Chapter
Relationships Among the Language Arts - Chapter Summary
You can find helpful and comprehensive overviews of the relationships between the language arts by watching the online lessons that you can find in this chapter. Each lesson will cover a different topic that you will need to know in order to effectively bring this subject to the classroom.
The lessons will start with in-depth discussions of the different types of language arts in English, and the specific relationships between them. You will also learn some useful tools and strategies for effectively teaching language arts to your students. Specific topics you will learn about include:
- The six language arts
- How a solid understanding of language arts can help in many educational disciplines
- Techniques for teaching language arts
- How to create activities that incorporate language arts into different content areas
- Assessments for planning language arts instruction
The lessons all include practice quizzes that will help you reinforce your understanding of the major points from that particular lesson. Upon completing the entire chapter, you can also take the final chapter quiz to ensure that you accurately recall the chapter's most significant pieces of information. Additionally, be sure to track your progress as you complete each lesson by using your personal Dashboard.
1. The Six Language Arts: Definitions & Skills
Is language all about talking? Or is it something much more? This lesson focuses on the six language arts and how we use them to communicate with one another in a variety of ways.
2. The Integrated Nature of English Language Arts
School is divided into clear and separate subjects, right? Wrong! This lesson discusses how the skills learned in an English Language Arts classroom are essential in any other course and throughout life.
3. Finding Methods to Teach Integrated Language Arts
There are numerous strategies for teaching language arts, but how do you integrate your lessons? This lesson discusses strategies and examples to give you a starting point for integrating a language arts classroom.
4. Developing Integrated Language Arts Activities
Language Arts is a subject area that can easily incorporate topics from across other curricula. This lesson outlines several activities a Language Arts teacher can use to integrate other content areas.
5. Using Assessments to Plan Language Arts Instruction
Teachers make decisions about what to teach and when from many sources. One of these is using assessments. How does this work? This lesson outlines using assessments to inform instruction in language arts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES English Language Arts and Reading 7-12 (231): Practice & Study Guide course
- Teaching for Diverse Student Needs
- Strategies for Teaching English Language Learners
- English Language Development & Analysis
- Language Structure
- Strategies & Skills for Reading
- Teaching Fluency
- Teaching & Improving Reading Comprehension
- Analyzing Nonfiction Text
- Executing Research Projects
- Introduction to Literary Analysis
- Periods of American Literature
- British Literature
- World Literature Overview
- Young Adult Literature Overview
- Strategies & Skills for Literary Text
- Essay Writing Fundamentals
- Writing Skills & Techniques
- Strategies for Teaching Writing & Providing Feedback
- Teaching Oral Communication
- Teaching Media Literacy
- Assessing English Language Arts & Reading
- TExES English Language Arts and Reading 7-12 Flashcards