About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your relativity & quantum theory physics homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your relativity & quantum theory homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Understanding the definition of the relativity theory
- Applying theory of relativity equations
- Solving practice problems relating to the theory of relativity
- Answering word problems relating to Einstein's theory of relativity
- Applying your knowledge of nuclear reaction
- Describing the five main ideas of quantum theory
- Measuring the speed of light
1. General Theory of Relativity: Analysis & Practice Problems
After watching this video, you should be able to explain what general relativity is, list a few consequences of the theory, and solve problems involving gravitational time dilation. A short quiz will follow.
2. Theory of Special Relativity: Definition & Equation
This lesson will go through the main postulates of the special theory of relativity and look at a few of the consequences. The principle equations will also be introduced. A short quiz will follow.
3. Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity: Analysis & Practice Problems
After completing this lesson, you should be able to explain what Einstein's special theory of relativity is and use equations from the theory to solve problems. A short quiz will follow.
4. Quantum Theory: Definition & Examples
After watching this lesson you will be able to explain what quantum theory is, including some key principles and scenarios, and list some applications of quantum theory. A short quiz will follow..
5. The Speed of Light: Distance & Light-Years
This lesson will tell you what the speed of light is, what a light year is, what lookback time is, and why it is that we see many objects in space as they were a long time ago.
6. Schrodinger's Cat: Experiment & Theory
Whatever happened to Schrodinger's cat? In this lesson, learn about quantum mechanics and how it relates to a certain famous cat belonging to the Austrian scientist Erwin Schrodinger.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Physics: Homework Help Resource course
- Introduction to Physics: Homework Help
- Vectors in Physics: Homework Help
- Kinematics in Physics: Homework Help
- Newton's Laws in Physics: Homework Help
- Work, Energy, & Power in Physics: Homework Help
- Linear Momentum in Physics: Homework Help
- Rotational Motion in Physics: Homework Help
- Circular Motion and Gravitation in Physics: Homework Help
- Oscillations in Physics: Homework Help
- Electrical Forces and Fields in Physics: Homework Help
- Potential and Capacitance in Physics: Homework Help
- Direct Current Circuits in Physics: Homework Help
- Magnetism in Physics: Homework Help
- Waves, Sound, and Light: Homework Help
- Atomic and Nuclear Physics: Homework Help
- Fluid Mechanics in Physics: Homework Help
- Thermal Physics & Thermodynamics: Homework Help
- The Universe: Homework Help
- Physics Lab - Motion: Homework Help
- Physics Lab - Matter & Light: Homework Help
- Physics Lab - Electricity: Homework Help