About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other high school physics work.
- Identify the relativity and quantum theory concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our High School Physics Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about relativity and quantum theory and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding general and special theories of relativity, nuclear reaction, light-years or any other relativity and quantum theory topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their physics learning
- Prefer learning physics visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their relativity & quantum theory unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in physics
- Don't have access to their physics teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning physics simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live physics tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about relativity and quantum theory on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Understand the general theory of relativity.
- Explore special theories of relativity.
- Learn what quantum theory is.
- Study the five main ideas of quantum theory.
- Learn how to measure speed of light.
1. General Theory of Relativity: Analysis & Practice Problems
After watching this video, you should be able to explain what general relativity is, list a few consequences of the theory, and solve problems involving gravitational time dilation. A short quiz will follow.
2. Theory of Special Relativity: Definition & Equation
This lesson will go through the main postulates of the special theory of relativity and look at a few of the consequences. The principle equations will also be introduced. A short quiz will follow.
3. Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity: Analysis & Practice Problems
After completing this lesson, you should be able to explain what Einstein's special theory of relativity is and use equations from the theory to solve problems. A short quiz will follow.
4. Quantum Theory: Definition & Examples
After watching this lesson you will be able to explain what quantum theory is, including some key principles and scenarios, and list some applications of quantum theory. A short quiz will follow..
5. The Speed of Light: Distance & Light-Years
This lesson will tell you what the speed of light is, what a light year is, what lookback time is, and why it is that we see many objects in space as they were a long time ago.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Physics: Tutoring Solution course
- Introduction to Physics: Tutoring Solution
- Vectors in Physics: Tutoring Solution
- Kinematics in Physics: Tutoring Solution
- Newton's Laws in Physics: Tutoring Solution
- Work, Energy, & Power in Physics: Tutoring Solution
- Linear Momentum in Physics: Tutoring Solution
- Rotational Motion in Physics: Tutoring Solution
- Circular Motion and Gravitation in Physics: Tutoring Solution
- Oscillations in Physics: Tutoring Solution
- Electrical Forces and Fields in Physics: Tutoring Solution
- Potential and Capacitance in Physics: Tutoring Solution
- Direct Current Circuits in Physics: Tutoring Solution
- Magnetism in Physics: Tutoring Solution
- Waves, Sound, and Light: Tutoring Solution
- Atomic and Nuclear Physics: Tutoring Solution
- Fluid Mechanics in Physics: Tutoring Solution
- Thermal Physics & Thermodynamics: Tutoring Solution
- The Universe: Tutoring Solution
- Physics Lab - Motion: Tutoring Solution
- Physics Lab - Matter & Light: Tutoring Solution
- Physics Lab - Electricity: Tutoring Solution