About This Chapter
Reptile & Amphibian Adaptations for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Our instructors help your student understand reptile and amphibian adaptations with these informative and fun lessons. Your student will review the adaptive processes of snakes, frogs, geckos, alligators and more. The material in this chapter has been designed specifically for young learners and with their specific learning styles in mind. It's easy to access these lessons and quizzes on any mobile phone or tablet for convenient study time.
- Adaptations of snakes, lizards, frogs and crocodiles
- How geckos, alligators and bearded dragons adapt
- The adaptation processes of chameleons, reptiles and bullfrogs
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with the adaptations of reptiles and amphibians will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about amphibian and reptile adaptations.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the adaptive processes of reptiles and amphibians
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about amphibian and reptile adaptations
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about amphibian and reptile adaptations
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the reptile and amphibian adaptation topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about reptile and amphibian adaptations.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands the adaptive processes of reptiles and amphibians by completing the Reptile & Amphibian Adaptations for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Snake Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
Snakes have many adaptations that allow them to move, hunt, eat and survive in their environments. Come and learn about some of these adaptations in this lesson.
2. Lizard Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
Being experts at hide and seek is just one adaptation lizards use to fit into their environments. Learn about the special body parts and behaviors lizards have developed to survive life in the desert, forest and water in this lesson.
3. Frog Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
When most people hear or see a frog, they think of slimy skin, bulging eyes, and big jumps. These are just some adaptations that frogs have. This lesson explores these and other adaptations and explains what frogs use them for.
4. Crocodile Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
Crocodiles are reptiles that have developed different adaptations over millions of years. Come learn about these adaptations and how they help the crocodile survive both in and out of the water.
5. Gecko Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
Did you know that there are many details about a gecko's appearance and behavior that help it to survive in its environment? These details are called adaptations and they will be explored in this lesson.
6. Alligator Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
Alligators are impressive reptiles that have some pretty cool adaptations. In this lesson, learn about the physical characteristics that make alligators ferocious hunters and help them survive in the wild.
7. Bearded Dragon Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
This lesson is about a kind of lizard known as a bearded dragon. You will learn where bearded dragons can be found in nature and the adaptations that help them to survive in the wild.
8. Chameleon Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
This lesson is about chameleons and their adaptations. We'll take a close up look at these fascinating lizards and see how they physically and behaviorally adapt within their environment.
9. Reptile Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
This lesson is about reptile adaptations. In this lesson you will gather a clear understanding of reptile adaptations and how over time, these specific traits have helped in their daily survival.
10. Bullfrog Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
They have a loud deep croak, they are slimy, they live in muddy water, and they eat other living things for dinner. Read about the amazing bullfrog and how it has adapted to live in its aquatic environment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Adaptations for Kids course