About This Chapter
Reptiles for Kids - Chapter Summary
If your elementary school students need to improve their understanding of various reptile types, this chapter is a great option. You can assign these lessons and practice quizzes to your students for homework or use them in class to supplement your existing curriculum. The chapter is available 24/7, and it's taught by expert instructors who use an engaging and simplified teaching style.
- Crocodile habitats
- Other reptile facts
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about reptiles will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about reptiles.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding information about different types of reptiles
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about reptiles
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about reptiles
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the reptile topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about reptiles.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands reptile facts by completing the Reptiles for Kids chapter exam.
1. Where Do Crocodiles Live? - Lesson for Kids
When you think of crocodiles, where do you think of them living? Can they live anywhere? Do all crocodiles need the same kind of environment for a home? Let's learn what things make a home for crocodiles.
2. Chinese Alligator Facts: Lesson for Kids
Chinese alligators are related to American alligators but have their own special features. Come learn about these alligators, where they live, what they look like, and some other cool facts about them.
3. Chinese Alligator Diet: Lesson for Kids
Chinese alligators are endangered animals that live in a small region in China. In this lesson, you'll learn about what Chinese alligators eat, and how they catch their prey.
4. Chinese Alligator Habitat: Lesson for Kids
What would you do if someone pushed you out of your home? That's what's happened to Chinese alligators. Read this lesson to find out about the habitat of Chinese alligators and why it's disappearing.
5. Differences Between Chinese & American Alligators: Lesson for Kids
Chinese and American alligators are similar, but they also have some very important differences. Read this lesson to find out how you can tell them apart by their appearance and to learn about other ways they differ.
6. Different Types of Crocodiles: Lesson for Kids
Crocodiles are known to be one of the most dangerous predators on Earth. In this lesson learn about some of the different types of crocodiles found throughout the world.
7. Arakan Forest Turtle: Lesson for Kids
This lesson will introduce you to one of the world's most endangered turtle species---the Arakan forest turtle. Learn about where Arakan forest turtles live, what they eat, and why this species is in danger.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Plants & Animals for Kids course
- Animal Habitats & Endangerment for Elementary School
- Animal Life Cycles for Elementary School
- Cheetahs for Elementary School
- Horses for Elementary School
- Tigers for Elementary School
- What Animals Eat for Elementary School
- Animals of Geographic Locations for Kids
- Large Mammals for Kids
- Bugs, Butterflies & Insects for Kids
- Aquatic Animals & Marine Life for Kids
- Foxes & Wolves for Kids
- Small Mammals for Kids
- Australian Plants and Animals for Kids
- Monkeys, Apes, and Chimps for Kids
- Snakes for Elementary School
- Crustaceans for Elementary School
- Birds for Elementary School
- Fish for Elementary School
- Trees for Elementary School
- Plants for Elementary School
- Pigs for Elementary School
- Sea Creatures for Elementary School
- Large Birds for Elementary School
- Cranes for Elementary School
- Doves for Elementary School
- Egrets for Elementary School
- Geese for Elementary School
- Gulls for Elementary School
- Hawks for Elementary School
- Herons for Elementary School
- Rain Forest Birds for Elementary School
- Falcons for Elementary School
- Woodpeckers for Elementary School