About This Chapter
US History 105 Assignment - Summary
This course covers a plethora of topics from American history including Native American history, the effects of European exploration and expansion, the American Revolution, the US Civil War, Manifest Destiny, the World Wars, and events between the 1960s through the 2000s. Based on this understanding of key historical events in the US, you'll write a synthesis essay analyzing Manifest Destiny and the expansion of the United States. You will plan your essay around four important questions.
How Assignments Work
The assignment in this course makes up part of the overall grade for the History 105 course, which is critical for students working toward earning transferable college credit (available to College Accelerator members only).
- Open the assignment and read through the instructions.
- Understand the scoring rubric your essay will be graded on.
- Thoroughly review your essay, checking for plagiarism.
- Fill out the submission form (link included in the assignment) and attach your essay.
- Proceed to the proctored final exam on the Exams tab (you do not need to wait for your essay grade before taking the final exam).
If you are not applying for credit, you do not need to submit your assignments.
1. US History from Settlement to Present Day - Assignment: Manifest Destiny Synthesis Paper
If you have a Study.com College Accelerator membership and are seeking college credit for this course, you must submit this assignment and pass the proctored final exam. Below you will find prompts and instructions for submitting your assignment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the History 105: US History from Settlement to Present Day course
- First Contacts in North America
- European Settlements in North America
- Causes, Battles & Effects of the American Revolution
- The Early Years of the United States
- Jeffersonian Democracy & The Virginia Dynasty
- Jacksonian Democracy & Conflict in America
- Antebellum America in the North & South
- Manifest Destiny in the United States
- The U.S. Sectional Crisis
- The United States Civil War
- Reconstruction & Continued Westward Expansion
- Industrialization & Urbanization in the Gilded Age
- The Progressive Era in the U.S.
- American Imperialism & Role in WWI
- Culture, Economy & Politics of the 1920s
- The Great Depression, Roosevelt & The New Deal
- The United States in World War II
- Post-War America & The Cold War
- Civil Rights & Political Activism in the 1960s
- The U.S. During the 1970s & 1980s
- The U.S. in the 1990s & 2000s