About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your requirements of biological systems homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample questions and get instant feedback.
- Finish your requirements of biological systems homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Free energy and matter requirement for growth, reproduction and maintenance
- Internal environment requirements for growth, reproduction and dynamic homeostasis
- Feedback systems used to regulate growth, reproduction and dynamic homeostasis
1. Living Systems Requirement for Free Energy and Matter
Free energy and matter are required by all living things in order to grow, reproduce, and maintain biological processes. Additionally, free energy and matter must also be recycled through the environment in order to remove dead material and allow for new growth.
2. The Environmental Requirements for Growth, Reproduction & Dynamic Homeostasis
Cells need to maintain internal environments that are different from their external environments in order to grow and reproduce. In this video lesson, you will understand some ways that cells can control their internal conditions to ensure proper biological functioning.
3. Using Feedback Systems to Regulate Growth, Reproduction & Dynamic Homeostasis
In order to maintain specific internal conditions, organisms use feedback mechanisms. Feedback is essential to the regulation of internal environments, which allows for proper biological functioning.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Biology: Homework Help Resource course
- Science Basics: Homework Help
- Basic Science Lab Skills: Homework Help
- Inorganic Chemistry Review for High School Biology: Homework Help
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry: Homework Help
- Enzymatic Biochemistry: Homework Help
- Cell Biology: Homework Help
- Cell Communication: Homework Help
- Metabolic Biochemistry: Homework Help
- Cell Division: Homework Help
- Nucleic Acids - DNA and RNA: Homework Help
- DNA Replication - Processes and Steps: Homework Help
- The Transcription and Translation Process: Homework Help
- Genetics - Principles of Heredity: Homework Help
- Genetic Mutations: Homework Help
- DNA Technology and Genomics: Homework Help
- Bacterial Biology Overview: Homework Help
- Introduction to Viruses: Homework Help
- The Origin of the Universe and Life on Earth: Homework Help
- Geologic Time: Homework Help
- Evolution Overview: Homework Help
- Phylogeny and the Classification of Organisms: Homework Help
- Plant Biology: Homework Help
- Plant Reproduction and Growth: Homework Help
- Introduction to Fungi: Homework Help
- Introduction to Invertebrates: Homework Help
- Introduction to Vertebrates: Homework Help
- Digestive System & Other Systems: Homework Help
- The Nervous, Immune, and Endocrine Systems: Homework Help
- Animal Reproduction and Development: Homework Help
- Human Reproductive Systems: Homework Help
- Ecology and the Environment: Homework Help
- Human Effects on the Environment: Homework Help
- Animal Behavior: Homework Help
- Basic Molecular Biology Laboratory Techniques: Homework Help
- Analyzing Scientific Data: Homework Help