About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other high school biology work.
- Identify the biological system requirements concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our high school biology tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about requirements of biological systems and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding living systems requirements, environmental requirements for growth and reproduction, feedback systems or any other biological systems requirements topic.
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their requirements of biological systems unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in high school biology
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about biological systems requirements simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live science tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about requirements of biological systems on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Understand why free energy and matter are required for the growth, reproduction and maintenance of living systems.
- Explain the environmental requirements for growth, reproduction and dynamic homeostasis.
- Learn how feedback systems allow organisms to regulate growth, reproduction and dynamic homeostasis.
1. Living Systems Requirement for Free Energy and Matter
Free energy and matter are required by all living things in order to grow, reproduce, and maintain biological processes. Additionally, free energy and matter must also be recycled through the environment in order to remove dead material and allow for new growth.
2. The Environmental Requirements for Growth, Reproduction & Dynamic Homeostasis
Cells need to maintain internal environments that are different from their external environments in order to grow and reproduce. In this video lesson, you will understand some ways that cells can control their internal conditions to ensure proper biological functioning.
3. Using Feedback Systems to Regulate Growth, Reproduction & Dynamic Homeostasis
In order to maintain specific internal conditions, organisms use feedback mechanisms. Feedback is essential to the regulation of internal environments, which allows for proper biological functioning.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Biology: Tutoring Solution course
- Science Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Science Lab Skills: Tutoring Solution
- Inorganic Chemistry Review for High School Biology: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry: Tutoring Solution
- Enzymatic Biochemistry: Tutoring Solution
- Cell Biology: Tutoring Solution
- Cell Communication: Tutoring Solution
- Metabolic Biochemistry: Tutoring Solution
- Cell Division: Tutoring Solution
- Nucleic Acids - DNA and RNA: Tutoring Solution
- DNA Replication - Processes and Steps: Tutoring Solution
- The Transcription and Translation Process: Tutoring Solution
- Genetics - Principles of Heredity: Tutoring Solution
- Genetic Mutations: Tutoring Solution
- DNA Technology and Genomics: Tutoring Solution
- Bacterial Biology Overview: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Viruses: Tutoring Solution
- The Origin of the Universe and Life on Earth: Tutoring Solution
- Geologic Time: Tutoring Solution
- Evolution Overview: Tutoring Solution
- Phylogeny and the Classification of Organisms: Tutoring Solution
- Plant Biology: Tutoring Solution
- Plant Reproduction and Growth: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Fungi: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Invertebrates: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Vertebrates: Tutoring Solution
- The Circulatory, Respiratory, Digestive, Excretory, and Musculoskeletal Systems: Tutoring Solution
- The Nervous, Immune, and Endocrine Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Animal Reproduction and Development: Tutoring Solution
- Human Reproductive Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Ecology and the Environment: Tutoring Solution
- Human Effects on the Environment: Tutoring Solution
- Animal Behavior: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Molecular Biology Laboratory Techniques: Tutoring Solution
- Analyzing Scientific Data: Tutoring Solution