About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your research and study methods homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample questions and get instant feedback.
- Finish your research and study methods homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Scientific method applications
- Data collection methods
- Research designs
- Importance of research methodology
- Use of descriptive statistics in human growth and development research
1. Scientific Method Applications to Human Growth and Development Research
Human growth and development researchers utilize the scientific method as they attempt to explain how a person changes throughout their life. The following lesson will explore this process.
2. Data Collection Methods for Human Growth and Development Research
This lesson will help you understand and differentiate between the methods of data collection that can be used in human growth and development research.
3. The True Experimental Research Design
You need to set up a true experiment to test a hypothesis and demonstrate a cause and effect relationship. This lesson will teach you how this is accomplished and when you are forced to use other research designs.
4. Research Designs: Quasi-Experimental, Case Studies & Correlational Research Designs
The true experiment is not the only way to conduct research. This lesson will help you understand the use of quasi-experimental research designs, case studies, and correlational research.
5. The Importance of Understanding Research Methodology
This lesson will show you why it is necessary to understand the research methods that are used in human growth and development. Learn how interpretation is affected by different research methodologies.
6. The Purpose of Descriptive Statistics in Human Growth and Development Research
How do you make sense of all the data you obtain during research? Knowing the role of descriptive statistics will help you understand how raw data is converted to usable information.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Human Growth and Development: Homework Help Resource course
- Theoretical Approaches to Human Development: Homework Help
- Genetic Influences on Development: Homework Help
- Biological Development: Homework Help
- Sensory and Perceptual Development: Homework Help
- Cognition and Cognitive Development: Homework Help
- Creativity and Intelligence Development: Homework Help
- Language Development: Homework Help
- Social Development: Homework Help
- Social Relationship Development: Homework Help
- Atypical Development: Homework Help