About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your research methods and the study of life span development homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample questions and get instant feedback.
- Finish your research methods and the study of life span development homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Use of the scientific method in human growth and development research
- Data collection methods
- Interpretation of correlations in research results
- Cross-sectional, case study and experimental research methods
- Twin and adoption studies
- Ethics of psychological research and experiments
1. Scientific Method Applications to Human Growth and Development Research
Human growth and development researchers utilize the scientific method as they attempt to explain how a person changes throughout their life. The following lesson will explore this process.
2. Data Collection Methods for Human Growth and Development Research
This lesson will help you understand and differentiate between the methods of data collection that can be used in human growth and development research.
3. Surveys, Interviews, and Case Studies
Researchers often have to decide how to collect data for their research. Should they ask people questions or observe them directly? This lesson will differentiate between three methods of data collection: surveys, interviews, and case studies.
4. The True Experimental Research Design
You need to set up a true experiment to test a hypothesis and demonstrate a cause and effect relationship. This lesson will teach you how this is accomplished and when you are forced to use other research designs.
5. How to Interpret Correlations in Research Results
Perhaps the most common statistic you'll see from psychology is a correlation. Do you know how to correctly interpret correlations when you see them? This lesson covers everything you need to know.
6. Research Designs: Quasi-Experimental, Case Studies & Correlational Research Designs
The true experiment is not the only way to conduct research. This lesson will help you understand the use of quasi-experimental research designs, case studies, and correlational research.
7. Twin and Adoption Studies: Practices & Findings
What is more influential, nature or nurture? How can scientists know for sure? In this lesson, we'll look at studies designed to separate the effects of genetics and environment on people's behavior, twin and adoption studies.
8. The Relationship Between Population, Sample & Generalizability
Researchers try their best to gather a sample that represents their population. But why is this important? In this lesson, we'll look at the relationship between population, sample, and generalizability in research.
9. Ethics in Psychological Experiments: Importance & Examples
What are the ethical principles of psychological research? In this lesson, you'll take a look at the careful considerations a psychologist must make with respect to her participants when she designs a test.
10. History of Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine is a growing field of research and treatment. In this lesson, we'll explore this idea and talk about the history of nuclear medicine from its origins through today.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Life Span Developmental Psychology: Homework Help Resource course
- Domains of Human Development: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Life Span Developmental Psychology Foundations
- How Genetics Impact Psychology: Homework Help
- Prenatal Development Concepts: Homework Help
- Childbirth and Newborn Characteristics: Homework Help
- Physical Development in Infancy and Toddlerhood: Homework Help
- Cognitive Development in Infants & Toddlers: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Early Childhood Physical & Cognitive Development
- Psychosocial Development in Early Childhood: Homework Help
- Homework Help Physical and Psychosocial Development in Middle Childhood
- Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood: Homework Help
- Physical and Sexual Development in Adolescence: Homework Help
- Psychosocial Development in Adolescence: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Early Adulthood Physical and Cognitive Development
- Psychosocial Development in Early Adulthood: Homework Help
- Middle Adulthood - Physical and Cognitive Development: Homework Help
- Psychosocial Development in Middle Adulthood: Homework Help
- Physical Development in Late Adulthood: Homework Help
- Late Adulthood Cognitive Development: Homework Help
- Death and Dying: Stages and Psychological Impact: Homework Help