About This Chapter
Resources for Medical Exam Prep - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
The articles in this chapter are designed to assist you in your preparations for medical examinations, whether you are studying to become a physician, seeking admission into a school of nursing or intend to become a certified nursing assistant. Use these resources to help you with content-area knowledge and test taking skills. These articles will aid you into preparing for the following exams and more:
- TEAS test
- HESI entrance and exit exam
- NCLEX PN and NCLEX RN exams
- Fundamentals of Nursing exam
- USMLE Step 1
- CNA Skills Test
These articles are important resources because:
- They're helpful: They provide test-taking and medicine-specific practice for a wide range of exams.
- They're authoritative: These well-researched and well-documented articles are written by acknowledged experts.
- They're accessible: The convenient online platform allows you to schedule your study sessions around your other commitments.
- They're useful: The articles can act as a springboard to other helpful study resources via embedded hyperlinks.
1. How to Pass Nursing School Tests
Nursing school exams are challenging for almost everyone. They'll test not only your knowledge of course material, but also your ability to apply this information in a patient scenario. Developing a solid study plan and knowing what to expect on test day can go a long way toward passing these difficult exams. Keep reading for some tips to help you get started.
2. How to Pass USMLE Step 1
To practice medicine in the US, you must first pass the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), which is a series of three exams. There are a number of resources to help you pass Step 1 of the USMLE, including study materials, self-assessments, reviews and practice exams. Read on to learn about how to access these resources.
3. How to Pass the ATI Exit Exam
The Comprehensive Predictor Assessment administered by Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) tests students' knowledge of essential nursing and medical care concepts covered in their practical or registered nursing programs. Keep reading to get study tips for this exit exam and discover resources you can use to ensure you're fully prepared.
4. How to Pass the Kaplan Nursing Entrance Exam
Many schools require you to pass the Kaplan Nursing Entrance Exam as part of your admission requirements for nursing school. Below, read about resources that will help you pass this exam. Learn about what material will be tested, where to find online resources to help you study this material and where to find practice tests and study guides.
5. How to Pass Fundamentals of Nursing
If you're going to nursing school, Fundamentals of Nursing may be one of the first courses you will have to take. Read on for insight regarding what this course entails along with strategies to help you pass.
6. How to Pass the CNA Skills Test
As a prospective CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant), you'll need to pass a skills test, in addition to a written exam, to prove your competency and earn the credentials needed to practice in your state. Read on to learn how to pass the practical portion of this exam and discover resources that can help you review some of the skills you learned in your nurse training program.
7. How to Pass the CCRN Exam
By successfully completing the CCRN, you will gain confidence in your ability to provide care in your area of specialty, and you will prove to your patients, employers and colleagues that you are dedicated to providing the best possible care. Find out about the exam content and where you can find practice questions and tests with this article. Also, explore review courses and additional tips to help you pass.
8. How to Pass the NAPLEX
To become a licensed pharmacist, you have to pass the North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX). Some of the best strategies for passing the exam are presented below. Read on to learn about the Pre-NAPLEX, topics and exam format, and study materials.
9. How to Pass LPN School
LPN school is a challenging undertaking for aspiring nurses, but with good study habits and a healthy work ethic, completing your program can be much easier. Keep reading for a few tips that can help you finish your program successfully.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Student Resources course
- General Standardized Test Prep Resources
- Resources for Business Courses, Certificates & Training
- Resources for Technology Courses, Certificates & Training
- Resources for Courses, Certificates & Training
- Credit Recovery Resources
- Resources for Learning English & Language Arts
- Resources for Learning Spanish
- Resources for Learning French
- Resources for Learning Math
- Resources for Bar Exam Prep
- Resources for Regents Exam Prep
- Resources for Learning Science