About This Chapter
Resources for Technology Courses, Certificates & Training - Summary & Learning Objectives
This chapter includes a series of articles that help you learn about training and certification opportunities in the field of technology. You'll explore resources for courses and programs in fields like IT and engineering. Use these articles to learn more about:
- IT certifications
- Types of engineering degrees
- Career fields in technology
- Technology courses
These articles provide exceptional resources, which offer these benefits:
- They're helpful: You'll get to explore what types of technology degrees are available.
- They're authoritative: Each article has been thoroughly researched, giving you reliable information.
- They're useful: These articles provide insight on the different certifications in the technology field.
- They're convenient: The articles provide concise information, so you don't have to waste any time looking for the resources you need.
1. Best IT Certifications
Several software vendors and professional organizations award IT certifications, but which ones offer the best return on the time and money you'll invest to earn one of these credentials? Keep reading to learn about some popular options as well as resources you can use to prepare for your certification exam.
2. Engineering Degrees 101
Engineering degrees vary by the discipline of the major but they all include advanced math and science coursework. Read on to learn more and see what Study.com resources are available.
3. How to Pass the CPC Exam
The Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Exam is offered by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), and you can find many AAPC resources to help you pass the exam. Local AAPC chapters, community colleges and Study.com all offer additional resources. Read on to learn more about utilizing these resources to pass the CPC Exam.
4. How to Pass an Excel Test
Whether you need to take an Excel test as part of an interview process, to obtain the Microsoft Office Specialist certification or as part of a degree program, get some tips to prepare for and pass the exam. Learn about the various resources you can use to help you study for and ace your Excel test.
5. Business Writing Training
Strong business writing is a helpful skill for employees in any field, at any stage of their careers. Whether you're a rookie writer or a seasoned professional looking to improve in this area, there are courses available that suit just about every schedule and budget. Check out this article and discover the option works for you!
6. How to Learn Java
While it was first released in 1995, Java remains a popular mainstay for computer programmers. There are plenty of resources and methods out there for those who are interested in learning the language. Here are a few suggestions to help get you started!
7. What is CCNA Certification?
Cisco, the largest networking company in the world, offers more than two dozen certifications for IT professionals. One such credential is the CCNA, or Cisco Certified Network Associate.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Student Resources course
- General Standardized Test Prep Resources
- Resources for Business Courses, Certificates & Training
- Resources for Courses, Certificates & Training
- Credit Recovery Resources
- Resources for Learning English & Language Arts
- Resources for Learning Spanish
- Resources for Learning French
- Resources for Learning Math
- Resources for Medical Exam Prep
- Resources for Bar Exam Prep
- Resources for Regents Exam Prep
- Resources for Learning Science