About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering business writing revision material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn how to revise your business materials. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to properly revise business writing
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning how to make revisions (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about business writing
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra writing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the business writing revision chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the business writing revision chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any business writing question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a revisions unit of a standard business writing course. Topics covered include:
- How to proofread your messages
- Grammar, spelling and clarity techniques
- Reading for errors and accuracy
- Cleaning language for conciseness and readability
- How to achieve unity in your writing
1. Proofreading Your Message for Spelling, Grammar, Accuracy & Clarity
One of the final stages of completing a business message is to proofread the communication for spelling, grammar, accuracy and clarity by completing different review options. Learn how to proofread in this lesson.
2. Revising Your Message for Errors, Conciseness & Readability
The three parts of producing a message are planning, writing, and completing. In the completing stage, it is crucial for business writers to examine their message for errors, conciseness, and readability.
3. Achieving Unity in Technical Writing
Keeping a document focused on one subject will help improve your audience's ability to comprehend your message. This video contains strategies to help keep your document unified.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Writing: Help & Review course