About This Chapter
Rhetorical Figures in Spanish Literature - Chapter Summary
Take a look at these engaging Spanish lessons to learn about rhetorical figures that are typically used in Spanish literature. As you work through the chapter, you'll become familiar with basic, intermediate and advanced rhetorical figures in Spanish. To help you memorize these terms, we've included several self-assessments throughout the chapter. The concise nature of these lessons helps you quickly move through the chapter, and if you have any questions, feel free to submit them to our expert Spanish instructors. Completing this chapter can help you:
- Translate basic rhetorical figures that are used in Spanish literature
- Use intermediate Spanish rhetorical figures
- Comprehend rhetorical figures in Spanish literature at the advanced level
1. Basic Rhetorical Figures in Spanish Literature
We will see several rhetorical figures used in Spanish literature: the metaphor, the simile, personification, hyperbole, onomatopoeia, and alliteration. We'll also see examples of each of these rhetorical figures in famous Spanish poetry and prose.
2. Intermediate Rhetorical Figures in Spanish Literature
In this lesson, learn several rhetorical figures used in Spanish literature such as the anafora, the antitesis, the hiperbaton, among others. Knowing the rhetorical figures is important in understanding and gaining a better appreciation for literature.
3. Advanced Rhetorical Figures in Spanish Literature
In this lesson we will see several advanced rhetorical figures used in Spanish Literature, including 'sinecdoque', 'sinestesia', 'retruecano', 'metonimia' or 'cacofonia'. Let's see examples of how they can enhance literature!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Spanish Literature and Culture: Exam Prep course
- General & Historical Literary Terms in Spanish
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Narrative Genres
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Poetic Genres
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Dramatic Genres
- Overview of Medieval Spanish Literature (1100-1500)
- Overview of Don Quixote
- The Golden Age of Spanish Literature (1500-1659)
- 20th Century Spanish Literature
- The Latin American Boom
- Contemporary Spanish Literature
- Writing & Composition in Spanish
- AP Spanish Literature & Culture Flashcards