About This Chapter
Risk Management & Business Insurance Planning- Chapter Summary
Go over important information that financial planners should know about risk management and business insurance planning. The lessons include the following information:
- Insurance policies and risk management
- Risk exposure
- Insurance coverage for risks
- Insurance for businesses
You can take your studying wherever you go. This chapter is a complete online study guide that allows you to work at any location with internet access. You can study on a laptop, smartphone, tablet or desktop. Our lessons are available anytime, and you can review them as often as you need.
1. Understanding Insurance Policies and Risk Management
Obtaining insurance is one of the most common methods of risk management. In this lesson, you'll learn about insurance policies and some key concepts related to insurance. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz.
2. Risk Exposure: Definition, Analysis & Evaluation
This lesson will define risk exposure, discuss it as a measure of loss for a proposed business, and explain the differences between risk exposure and risk analysis. It will also provide examples of business risk exposure and risk analysis, including Value at Risk and Business Risk Exposure measurements.
3. Insurance Coverage for Various Types of Risk
Businesses operate in a world of risk. One of the best ways to manage risk is through insurance. In this lesson, you'll learn about the types of insurance coverage available to businesses to help them manage their risks.
4. Insurance for Businesses: Uses & Importance
The lesson will discuss why insurance for businesses should be considered a necessity. We'll also talk about various types of business insurances, such as property insurance, liability insurance, and worker's compensation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CFP Certification Exam Study Guide - Certified Financial Planner course
- CFP Board Rules & Regulations
- Financial Planner Professional Conduct & Regulation
- General Principles of Financial Planning
- Education Financial Planning
- Individual Insurance Planning
- Types of Investment Vehicles
- Investment Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirement Savings & Income Planning for Individuals
- Retirement Savings & Income Planning for Businesses
- Estate Planning Strategies
- Financial Planning for Personal Life Situations
- CFP Client Relationship
- CFP Certification Exam Study Guide - Certified Financial Planner Flashcards