About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering introductory business material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn introductory business. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding insurance coverage or risk management in business
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning business (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about risk management in business
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra business learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the risk management in business chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the risk management in business chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any risk management question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a risk management unit of a standard introductory business course. Topics covered include:
- Environmental changes that create a need for risk management
- The four ways of managing risk
- Insurance policies
- Types of insurance coverage
1. External Environmental Changes Drive the Need for Risk Management
Businesses operate in a dynamic world where the only thing for certain is that things will change. Change can bring both risk and reward. In this lesson, you'll learn how change in the business environment drives the need for risk management.
2. Ways to Manage Risk: Insurable and Uninsurable Risk
Risks abound in life and in business. However, most risks can be managed. In this lesson, you'll learn about ways to manage risks. You'll also learn the difference between insurable and uninsurable risks. A short quiz follows.
3. Understanding Insurance Policies and Risk Management
Obtaining insurance is one of the most common methods of risk management. In this lesson, you'll learn about insurance policies and some key concepts related to insurance. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz.
4. Insurance Coverage for Various Types of Risk
Businesses operate in a world of risk. One of the best ways to manage risk is through insurance. In this lesson, you'll learn about the types of insurance coverage available to businesses to help them manage their risks.
5. Risks in Project Management: Types & Examples
In this lesson, we'll learn about risks in project management. We'll define the term, learn about some of the more common types of risks, and look at examples of each.
6. The Agile Approach to Risk Management
In this lesson we will review the basics of Agile project management and then explore how the Agile process itself efficiently addresses risk management.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Intro to Business: Help and Review course
- The Dynamic Business Environment: Help and Review
- Business Morality & Code of Conduct: Help and Review
- Economics and Business: Help and Review
- Business in Global Markets: Help and Review
- Forms of Business Ownership: Help and Review
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business: Help and Review
- Managing and Leading in Business: Help and Review
- Leadership Styles in Business: Help and Review
- Organizational Management: Help and Review
- Project Management Basics: Help and Review
- Business Production and Operations: Help and Review
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation: Help and Review
- Basics of Human Resources: Help and Review
- Managing the Employer-Worker Relationship: Help and Review
- Business Marketing Basics: Help and Review
- Product Development and Retailing: Help and Review
- Product Distribution & Supply Chain Management: Help and Review
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing: Help and Review
- Product Promotion in Business: Help and Review
- MIS Basics in Business: Help and Review
- Implications of Information Technology: Help and Review
- Accounting Basics: Help and Review
- Financial Management in Business: Help and Review
- Securities Markets and Business: Help and Review
- Lean in Business
- Money and Financial Institutions: Help and Review
- Strategic Planning for Small Businesses
- Small Business Analysis Models
- Small Business Entrepreneurship
- Ethical Behavior & Social Responsibility in Small Business
- Product Pricing for Small Business