About This Chapter
Risk Management in the Workplace - Chapter Summary
With this chapter's lessons, you can look into key regulations to be familiar with when studying risk management in the workplace. You'll also learn about relevant programs and approaches to fostering a healthy workplace environment. By the time you finish this chapter, you'll have reviewed all of the following:
- Workplace safety laws
- The right of employees to privacy and safety
- Individual and organizational techniques of stress management
- Programs for health and employee safety
- Workers' compensation
- Reporting crimes and injuries in the workplace
These lessons are taught by professional instructors available for your questions along the way through the teacher or help tab. You can also check your own understanding after every lesson by means of a practice quiz that you can attempt as many times as you like. These quizzes can also be printed as worksheets for further study offline.
1. Workplace Safety Laws & Regulations
This lesson provides a general overview of workplace safety laws and regulations that protect employees against physical and financial loss, including laws administered by the Department of Labor and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
2. Employee Rights: Privacy & Safety
The modern workplace can be an intrusive and sometimes even a dangerous and violent place. In this lesson, you'll learn about employee privacy and safety. Topics will include employee surveillance, social media and workplace safety and violence.
3. Stress Management: Individual and Organizational Techniques & Methods
Companies need to help employees learn how to manage their stress at work. Preventative stress management is a corporate philosophy that is concerned with eliminating stress and improving employee health. There are numerous organizational and individual techniques that can be used to help improve employee stress.
4. Health & Wellness Programs in the Workplace
Health and wellness programs are becoming more popular in the workplace. This lesson will discuss the different types of health and wellness programs in the workplace and the benefits they provide.
5. Employee Safety & Workplace Risk Programs
All companies have safety and workplace risks, which can result in minor pain or major injuries. This lesson discusses different types of workplace hazards, the purpose of creating safety programs, and what's involved in creating safety programs.
6. What Is Workers' Compensation? - Laws and Purpose
Workers' compensation laws require insurance protection for people who are injured or become ill due to job requirements. These laws are designed to provide these disabled employees with fixed monetary awards and avoid litigation. This lesson explains workers' compensation.
7. Injury & Crime Reporting in the Workplace
Most people work in a safe workplace but getting hurt on the job or being the victim of a crime happens. When an issue arises, there are procedures an employee should follow to report such incidents.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SPHR Certification Exam Study Guide - Senior Professional in Human Resources course
- Role of HR in Business Management & Strategy
- Role of HR in Organizational Policies & Procedures
- Role of HR in Change Management
- Human Resource Workforce Planning
- Human Resources Role in Employment
- Role of HR in Employee Development
- Organizational Development Theories
- The Global Workplace
- Role of HR in Employee Compensation & Benefits
- HR's Role in Employee & Labor Relations
- SPHR Certification Exam Study Guide - Senior Professional in Human Resources Flashcards