About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your rock deformation and mountain building homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your rock deformation and mountain building homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Causes of rock deformation
- Geological folds
- Geological faults
- The process of mountain building
1. Rock Deformation: Causes and Types
In this video lesson, you will learn about how rock can be deformed from stress and the effect this has on the rock. You will identify different types of deformation based on the composition of the rock as well as external stress factors.
2. Geological Folds: Definition, Causes & Types
Under the right conditions and over millions of years, rock can be deformed so that it is folded into a different shape. In this video lesson, you will identify different types of folds as well as what causes them to occur in rock.
3. Geological Faults: Definition, Causes & Types
In this video lesson, you will identify different faults and the types of stress that cause them. You will also see examples of the effects these faults have on the landscape.
4. The Processes of Mountain Building
In this video lesson, you will learn about the process of mountain building. You will identify different ways that mountains form, as well as the different types of mountains that result from this process.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Earth Science: Homework Help Resource course
- Earth Science Basics: Homework Help
- Geologic Time and Earth Science: Homework Help
- Properties of Matter: Homework Help
- Earth's Spheres and Internal Structure: Homework Help
- Plate Tectonics: Homework Help
- Minerals and Rocks: Homework Help
- Igneous Rocks: Homework Help
- Volcanoes: Homework Help
- Weathering and Erosion: Homework Help
- Sedimentary Rocks - A Deeper Look: Homework Help
- Metamorphic Rocks - A Deeper Look: Homework Help
- Water Balance: Homework Help
- Running Water: Homework Help
- Ground Water: Homework Help
- Glaciers: Homework Help
- Oceans: Homework Help
- Coastal Hazards: Homework Help
- The Atmosphere: Homework Help
- Weather and Storms: Homework Help
- Earthquakes: Homework Help
- Earth History: Homework Help
- Energy Resources: Homework Help