About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other middle school earth science work.
- Identify the rock deformation and mountain building concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our Middle School Earth Science Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about rock deformation and mountain building and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding rock stress and strain, geological folds, mountain building terms or any other rock deformation and mountain building topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning earth science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their rock deformation and mountain building unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in earth science
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning rock deformation and mountain building simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live earth science tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about rock deformation and mountain building on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn the causes and types of rock deformations
- Understand the types and causes of geological folds
- Define the types of geological faults
- Understand mountain building processes
1. Rock Deformation: Causes and Types
In this video lesson, you will learn about how rock can be deformed from stress and the effect this has on the rock. You will identify different types of deformation based on the composition of the rock as well as external stress factors.
2. Geological Folds: Definition, Causes & Types
Under the right conditions and over millions of years, rock can be deformed so that it is folded into a different shape. In this video lesson, you will identify different types of folds as well as what causes them to occur in rock.
3. Geological Faults: Definition, Causes & Types
In this video lesson, you will identify different faults and the types of stress that cause them. You will also see examples of the effects these faults have on the landscape.
4. The Processes of Mountain Building
In this video lesson, you will learn about the process of mountain building. You will identify different ways that mountains form, as well as the different types of mountains that result from this process.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Middle School Earth Science: Tutoring Solution course
- Earth's Spheres & Structure: Tutoring Solution
- Understanding Plate Tectonics: Tutoring Solution
- Understanding Earthquakes: Tutoring Solution
- Understanding Volcanoes: Tutoring Solution
- Shaping the Earth's Surface: Tutoring Solution
- Thermal Energy: Tutoring Solution
- Energy in the Earth System: Tutoring Solution
- Ecology & Ecosystems: Tutoring Solution
- Earth's Energy Resources: Tutoring Solution
- Earth's Material Resources: Tutoring Solution
- Earth Science Investigation & Experimentation: Tutoring Solution