About This Chapter
Role of HR in Change Management - Chapter Summary
Our instructors will lead you through this series of simple, informative lessons related to change management. Brush up on or learn about topics in regards to HR such as:
- Culture and change
- Change in management
- Examples of strategic change management
- Kotter's 8-step model of management
- Lewin's 3-stage model of change
The lessons in this chapter come with short videos that average 5-10 minutes in length. The videos have a timeline feature that allow you to hop around the lesson to areas that you feel you need extra help. There are also transcripts that have bold terms and key phrases that you should be familiar and comfortable with. Take the self-assessment quizzes after the lessons to gauge your understanding and comprehension of the material.
1. Organizational Culture and Change
Organizational change involving altering processes and systems within a company often affects the existing group norms, beliefs and values. This makes change a challenge for managers. There are tactics managers can use to institute change in a positive and welcoming way.
2. Structural Change in Management: Theory & Definition
Every business experiences change. How it is managed determines whether or not it will be a successful change. This lesson covers how to manage structural changes within an organization. It is followed up with a quiz.
3. What Is Strategic Change Management? - Definition, Models & Examples
In this lesson, we'll be looking at strategic change management, which is a process of managing a change within an organization or company. We'll also look at the various models of strategic change management. Afterwards, you can test your knowledge with a quiz.
4. Kotter's 8-Step Change Model of Management
This lesson details the steps involved in Kotter's eight-step change model including: create urgency, form a powerful coalition, create change vision, communicate the vision, remove obstacles, create short-term wins, build on the change, and anchor the change in organizational culture.
5. Lewin's 3-Stage Model of Change: Unfreezing, Changing & Refreezing
Organizational change does not have to be a complex process. In fact, Kurt Lewin did it in just three steps. This lesson discusses the three stages of organizational change according to Lewin, including unfreezing, changing and refreezing.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SPHR Certification Exam Study Guide - Senior Professional in Human Resources course
- Role of HR in Business Management & Strategy
- Role of HR in Organizational Policies & Procedures
- Human Resource Workforce Planning
- Human Resources Role in Employment
- Role of HR in Employee Development
- Organizational Development Theories
- The Global Workplace
- Role of HR in Employee Compensation & Benefits
- HR's Role in Employee & Labor Relations
- Risk Management in the Workplace
- SPHR Certification Exam Study Guide - Senior Professional in Human Resources Flashcards