About This Chapter
Role of the Team Leader - Chapter Summary
Our instructors have put together these corporate training videos to teach the advantages of work teams, responsibilities of team leaders and how the responsibilities of self-managed leaders differ from traditional team leaders. From this chapter, your employees will learn about:
- How work teams can impact the productivity or success of a business
- Roles and responsibilities of team leaders
- Self-managed teams
Your employees can fortify their understanding of these videos by completing the lesson worksheets or the online quizzes that accompany them. You can use the result of these assessments, as well as the comprehensive chapter final exam, to track your teams' understanding of the topics covered.
How it Helps
- Builds awareness: Making your current and future leaders aware of the benefits of effective work teams will aid them in their abilities to set goals for their team and give them a standard to evaluate the effectiveness of their own team.
- Teaches leadership skills: This chapter will teach your staff the responsibilities of a team leader so that they can do their job effectively and efficiently.
- Explains leadership styles: These videos will help your team understand the differences between self-managed teams and traditional leadership roles in order to determine which style is the best fit for their team.
By the end of this chapter, your employees will be able to:
- Understand how to work teams can increase and/or maintain productivity
- Recognize the qualities and responsibilities of a team leader
- Know how to set goals and determine responsibilities in a self-managed team
1. The Work Team in Contemporary Business: Definition & Analysis
Contemporary business has thrived with the use of work teams in creating products, solving problems and developing alternatives. There are many ways that work teams add to the productivity and success of a company.
2. What Is a Team Leader? - Description, Role & Responsibilities
Are you interested in becoming a team leader or need to find one for your organization? Read on to learn more about what a team leader is and the various roles and responsibilities that comes with this position.
3. Assessing Team Performance & Outcomes
Measuring and communicating team performance is essential to the success of a team. This lesson will explain why and how to measure team performance. Read on to learn more.
4. Establishing Team Accountability at Work
Team accountability is important in the workplace to ensure that all components of a company's goals are being met. In this lesson, we'll look at the importance of accountability, how to be accountable at work, and the positive outcomes of being accountable.
5. Modeling Communication Skills in the Workplace
People who communicate well will become role models within an organization regardless of title. This lesson explores the characteristics associated with good communication skills that others will want to emulate.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Establishing Team Responsibilities as a Leader course