About This Chapter
Rules and Regulations in Education - Chapter Summary
The chapter opens with a summary of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). You'll also explore the history of this important act. The lessons then examine a variety of different education-related legislation, including the No Child Left Behind Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act and Section 490 of the Florida Statutes.
Lessons cover both federal and state rules, regulations and policies that are related to school psychology at public schools. Finally, you can learn about a few landmark court decisions that influenced the practice of school psychology on both the Florida state and national levels. Here are a few important concepts that will be covered in the chapter:
- History and summary of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Legislation related to school psychology and public education
- Federal and state rules, regulations and policies concerning school psychology and public education
- Implication of landmark court decisions related to school psychology
Our concise but informative video lessons include self-assessment quizzes that allow you to test your skills. You'll be taught by experienced instructors with a great deal of knowledge in their field. Lesson transcripts are provided, and helpful key terms are linked to the text lessons. Video tags are presented throughout the lessons, so you can navigate with ease.
1. IDEA: Individuals with Disabilities Education Act - History and Summary
The 2004 Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) impacts the way teachers accommodate and support their students who have disabilities. Learn the purpose and history of this Act, and understand how to implement IDEA's six main principles in the classroom.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the FTCE School Psychologist PK-12 (036): Test Practice & Study Guide course
- About the FTCE Tests
- Introduction to Research Methods in Psychology
- Psychology Research & Design Analysis
- Clinical Assessment in Psychology
- Developmental Psychology in Young People
- Individual Differences in Children
- Student Learning and Motivation
- Cognitive Influences on Learning
- Creativity and Intelligence Development in Children and Adolescents
- Sensory, Perceptual & Language Development in Children and Adolescents
- Social Development in Children and Adolescents
- Atypical Development in Children and Adolescents
- Classroom Teaching Strategies
- Biological, Social & Cultural Bases of Learning & Behavior
- Evidence-Based Interventions
- FTCE School Psychologist PK-12 Flashcards