About This Chapter
Russian Art & Music Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
Access this Russian art and music lesson plan chapter to simplify your lesson planning experience. These comprehensive lesson plan outlines cover the fundamentals of Russian art, as well as compositions by the famous Russian composer, Igor Stravinsky.
The chapter also includes lesson supplements that you can incorporate into your curriculum. If you want to assess your students' understanding of these Russian art and music topics, you can easily assign them the accompanying lesson quizzes.
How It Helps
- Lesson planning: Allows you to plan your Russian art and music unit at any time that's convenient.
- Additional resources: Includes supplemental lessons that you can use to teach your students about Russian musical compositions, art history movements and more.
- Student comprehension: Offers convenient quizzes that you can use to test your students' understanding of Russian music and art topics.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources with relevant tools to make planning Russian art and music lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific Russian art and music topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your Russian art and music class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related Russian art and music lessons with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important Russian art and music concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant Russian art and music activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Stravinsky's The Firebird Lesson Plan
Activities in this lesson plan will lead students in exploring the ballet, ''The Firebird,'' by Igor Stravinsky. Students will listen to the music, view related videos and use instruments to represent the characters in the folktale.
2. The Firebird by Stravinsky: Story & Analysis
Magical mystery with a touch of folklore. Characters represented by elegant melodies and exotic chromatic sounds. In this lesson, learn about the story of Stravinsky's ''The Firebird'' and explore its music.
3. Stravinsky's Rite of Spring Lesson Plan
This lesson plan will encourage students to consider the use of music to portray actions and events in the ballet, 'The Rite of Spring,' by Igor Stravinsky. Students will discuss the history of the ballet and the controversy surrounding it.
4. Russian Art Lesson Plan
This lesson introduces students to the history of Russian art. Students will create a timeline of Russian art over the centuries. Then, they will choose a piece of Russian art as an inspiration for a piece that they will create. Students will then write a paragraph connecting their new creation with the Russian piece.
5. Russian Art: History, Movements & Facts
Russian art shows a great diversity of styles, subjects, and techniques. This lesson will describe some of the key movements within Russian art of the past several centuries and identify some of the major artists associated with them.
6. Anna Karenina Discussion Questions
''Anna Karenina'' is one of the great works of Leo Tolstoy, but it's a lot for students to tackle. These questions can help them work through their thoughts and opinions about the novel.
7. Notes From The Underground Discussion Questions
'Notes from Underground' is an existentialist novel by Fyodor Dostoevsky about the philosophies that led to a man's alienation from society. This asset provides discussion questions about this novel.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the World Music & Art Lesson Plans & Activities course
- Japanese Art & Music Lesson Plans
- Asian Music & Art Lesson Plans
- Caribbean Music & Art Lesson Plans
- Greek & Roman Art & Architecture Lesson Plans
- Cultural Art & Music Lesson Plans
- Native American Art & Music Lesson Plans & Resources
- Latin American Art & Music Lesson Plans
- African Art & Music Lesson Plans