About This Chapter
Russian Revolution & Communist Era Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
This chapter includes helpful lesson plans that will go over the major topics related to the Russian Revolution and the subsequent Communist era. If you are a teacher preparing to teach this subject to your students, you will find these lesson plans to be an invaluable educational resource. Included in this chapter are lesson plans on:
- The timeline, causes and effects of the Russian Revolution
- The Communist Manifesto
- Joseph Stalin
- The Berlin Wall
The chapter also includes lessons that correspond to the topics covered in the lesson plans, offering an additional education resource that you can put to use in your classroom.
How It Helps
- Explains events: Ensures that your students understand the major events of the Russian Revolution in a comprehensive timeline
- Cause and effect: Explains the causes and effects of the major events in this period
- Summarizes ideas: Provides summaries and analysis of major ideas and concepts that influenced the Russian Revolution
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning Russian Revolution lessons easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific Russian Revolution and communism topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your history class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related Russian Revolution and communism lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important historical concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant Russian Revolution and communism-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. 1905 Russian Revolution Lesson Plan
What caused the 1905 Russian Revolution? This lesson plan explains key facts with the help of a text lesson. An activity asks students to analyze historical documents related to the revolution.
2. 1905 Russian Revolution: Causes & Consequences
In 1905, the Russian people had a short-lived revolution against Tsar Nicholas II due to his unpopular decisions. Learn about the causes of this revolution, and how it led to more anti-government feelings throughout Russia, in this lesson.
3. The Russian Revolution: Timeline, Causes & Effects
In this lesson, we will examine the Russian Revolution. We will see what events led to the revolution, and we'll learn how the revolution impacted Russia's involvement in World War I.
4. The Communist Manifesto Lesson Plan
Using this lesson plan and materials from Study.com, you'll have all you need to teach your students about the Communist Manifesto. Instruct your students on the teachings of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, and have students engage in an activity to solidify learning.
5. The Communist Manifesto: Summary & Analysis
Find out what the 'Communist Manifesto' is. Learn the main ideas of each chapter of the Manifesto, and the points of communism's political platform. Read the lesson, then take a quiz to test your new knowledge.
6. Stalin Lesson Plan
With this lesson plan and materials from Study.com, you'll have everything you need to help your students better understand the life and times of Joseph Stalin, and the impact he made on 20th century history.
7. Joseph Stalin: Biography, Facts & Timeline
Joseph Stalin is a man who defines the phrase cult of personality. He killed millions of his own people, enslaved millions more in a prison system set up in the middle of nowhere while ruling with an iron fist.
8. Building and Tearing Down the Berlin Wall: History and Timeline
In this lesson, we explore the history of the Berlin Wall, from its beginnings as a makeshift barrier between East and West Berlin, to its final demise as communism fell across Eastern Europe in the late 1980s.
9. Fidel Castro Lesson Plan
Who was Fidel Castro and what was his lasting legacy? This lesson plan outlines key facts about Fidel Castro's life and work through a detailed text lesson. An activity connects students with diverse perspectives on his life.
10. Fidel Castro: Biography, Facts & Timeline
Explore the life and work of revolutionary Cuban Fidel Castro and test your understanding of revolutionary movements, the Cold War, and Cuban history.
11. Lenin Lesson Plan
If you are teaching a lesson on communism, use this lesson plan to explore Vladimir Lenin's leadership and contribution to communism. Students will participate in a reading assignment, watch a video, complete discussion questions and take two quizzes.
12. The Rise of Communism & Vladimir Lenin
In this lesson, we will examine the role Vladimir Lenin played as a leading architect of the communist system. We will explore his involvement in the Russian Revolution and the establishment of Soviet Russia.
13. Vladimir Lenin: Biography, Facts & Quotes
Vladimir Lenin was a Russian radical who led the Russian Revolution that overthrew the post-czar, provisional government. Read on to learn more about the architect and first leader of the Union of the Soviet Socialist Republics, and then test your own knowledge of Vladimir Lenin with a brief quiz.
14. Czars Of Russia Lesson Plan
Through a lesson, group discussion, and living history activity, your students are going to learn about the czars of Russia, including the roles and controversies surrounding this position.
15. Russian Czars: History & Timeline
The czars ruled Russia for nearly 400 years. This lesson explores Russian czars, charting Russia's rise from a collection of principalities to an imperial power that only revolution could bring down.
16. The Russian Revolution Lesson Plan for Elementary School
With this lesson, your students are going to learn about the causes and effects of the Russian Revolution. They will interact with this information by composing a set of poems that explores themes of the time period.
17. Stalin & Propaganda Lesson Plan
This lesson plan will help you teach your students about some of the techniques that were employed by Joseph Stalin and the Soviet regime to sway the people. Students will further look for connections between Soviet propaganda and political advertisements today.
18. Joseph Stalin & Soviet Propaganda: Techniques & Examples
In this lesson, we will learn about different techniques in Soviet propaganda under Stalin and look at some examples of such propaganda in posters, novels, and film.
19. Berlin Wall Lesson Plan
Want to break down barriers with your instruction on the Berlin Wall? Study.com makes it easy to do with an exciting video lesson and hands-on in class activity.
20. Russian Revolution Lesson Plan
This lesson plan can be a useful tool to help you guide your students through the many revolutions that Russian underwent from 1905-1917. Using a Study.com video, it guides through the transition from Tsardom to Communist state.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the World History Since 1900: Lesson Plans & Resources course
- World War I Lesson Plans
- World War II Lesson Plans
- World War II Diplomacy Lesson Plans
- Pacific Theater of World War II Lesson Plans
- The Holocaust Lesson Plans & Resources
- Atomic Bombs Lesson Plans & Resources
- Cultural Revolution in China Lesson Plans & Resources
- Modern African History Lesson Plans
- Vietnam & Cold Wars Lesson Plans