About This Chapter
Sales Promotion - Chapter Summary
You've all seen printed ads, but have you ever stopped to think about all of the involved elements? You can learn about those aspects, in addition to looking at the various types of advertising. In this chapter, you'll also touch on target markets, buying decisions and advertising media choices. As you wrap up this chapter, you should be able to accomplish the following:
- Explain the essentials of the promotional marketing mix
- Define trade sales promotion
- List the role and functions of advertising agencies
- Discuss marketing strategies and advertising media choices
- Identify the basics of printed advertisements
- Recognize the basics of institutional and product advertising
The video lessons in this chapter feature engaging animations and illustrations that bring sales promotion concepts to life. Quizzes are available to gauge your comprehension of the material, and you can find lesson transcripts linked to each video. If you need to review a main point in the video, you can use the video tags that we offer with each lesson.
1. Sales Promotion in the Promotional Marketing Mix
Marketers use a wide range of sales promotion tools to incentivize consumers and intermediaries to buy. Watch this video to learn more about these tools and how they work.
2. The Promotional Mix: Target Markets, Buying Decisions & More
The promotional mix is one of the 4 Ps of the marketing mix. It consists of public relations, advertising, sales promotion and personal selling. In this lesson, you'll learn how a marketing team uses the promotional mix to reach company objectives and goals.
3. Trade Sales Promotion and the Promotional Marketing Mix
Manufacturers offer all kinds of incentives to retailers to help sell their products. Watch this video to learn more about trade promotion and its goals, including persuading retailers, encouraging promotion, and maintaining stock.
4. Advertising Media Choices and Marketing Strategy
There are many different types of advertising media that marketing managers can choose from in order to create a successful marketing strategy. This lesson covers some of those options, including printed media, television and outdoor media.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE Marketing 6-12 (057): Test Practice & Study Guide course
- Marketing Careers and Employability
- Human Relations
- Marketing Mathematics
- Economic Principles
- Marketing Principles
- Business Operations
- Product and Service Technology
- Leadership and Management
- Work-Based Experiences
- Program Operation
- Financial Literacy
- FTCE Marketing 6-12 Flashcards