About This Chapter
Sales Techniques & Strategies - Chapter Summary
This chapter provides access to entertaining lessons that can strengthen your employees' understanding and use of different sales techniques and strategies. Topics covered in this chapter include retail selling, ways to identify and sell to different customer types and the following:
- Techniques for assisting customers during sales and identifying buyers' needs
- FABS and value-added selling techniques
- How to sell to multiple buyers at once
- Tips for planning and making successful sales calls
- Ways to create and deliver sales presentations
This chapter's flexibility enables you to use any lessons that will enhance your corporate training sessions. Multiple-choice quizzes let your employees quickly and easily test their comprehension of the lessons you include in your sessions.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Lessons in this chapter ensure your employees are aware of important sales techniques and strategies.
- Offers guidance: This chapter offers guidance your employees can benefit from when making sales calls, selling to multiple buyers and even identifying the motivations of buyers.
- Improves employee performance: Studying various sales strategies and techniques covered in this chapter can boost your employees' confidence and improve their overall performance on the job.
Reviewing the lessons in this chapter will enable your employees to:
- Describe the retail selling process
- Recognize and sell to a variety of customer types
- Use cross-selling and other techniques to assist customers in the selling process
- Identify buyers' motivations and needs using different questioning techniques
- Discuss how FABS and value-added selling techniques are used
- Utilize promotional pricing, product marketing and other retail sales strategies
- List the challenges and strategies of selling to multiple buyers at once
- Make successful sales calls and deliver quality sales presentations
1. What is Retail Selling? - Techniques & Process
The understanding of retail selling is important for any successful salesperson. It is a platform for growth in the sales industry. This lesson explains retail selling techniques and the retail selling process. You can then test your knowledge with a quiz!
2. Identifying & Selling to Different Customer Types
In marketing, there are four commonly accepted customer personality types. In this lesson, we cover how to identify and sell to different customer types, and how to drive sales by understanding customers better.
3. Techniques for Assisting Customers in the Selling Process
In this lesson, we'll explore how to assist customers in the selling process by looking at the practice of customer service and its associated techniques. Check out this lesson to learn about upselling, cross-selling, and product knowledge.
4. Questioning Techniques to Identify Buyers' Needs & Motivations
When you are going in for the close, it is very important that you know the exact needs and motivations of your buyer. Read this lesson to learn what kinds of questions you can use to figure this out.
5. FABS Selling Technique: Explanation & Example
Want to succeed at sales? Provide a FAB experience! In this lesson, we'll take a look at the FABS selling technique and how to use it to create a successful buying experience from start to finish.
6. Sales Strategies for Retail
Retailers must employ sales strategies to help differentiate themselves from competitors and generate profit. In this lesson, we will discuss how to utilize promotional pricing, how to display items appropriately, how to market products, and how to utilize online retail platforms.
7. Value-Added Selling Technique: Definition & Usage
In this lesson, you'll learn how you can use the value-added selling technique to help you gain and keep customers. Learn how you can position your product to make it attractive when using this approach.
8. Strategies for Selling to Multiple Buyers at Once
A married couple walks into your store, contemplating making a major purchase. You're on deck and approach them--now what? In this lesson, we examine the challenges of working with more than one buyer in a deal.
9. How to Plan & Make a Successful Sales Call
Read this lesson to learn what questions you need to ask on your sales call along with what questions and concerns to anticipate. You'll also see an example showing you just how you can make a successful sales call.
10. How to Create & Deliver a Sales Presentation
Congratulations - you've gotten a potential client to agree to a meeting. Now what? In this lesson, we'll examine the basics of building a winning sales presentation, what to do after the meeting and things you should never do.
11. Practical Application: Planning a Sales Call
The successful sales call is the one that ends with a sale. There are things you can do to plan for such success. Practice with this imaginary scenario.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the How to Be Successful in Retail Sales course