About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your review or other SAT preparation work.
- Identify the test basics concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our SAT prep tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to review SAT test basics and earn acceptable scores. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the history of the SAT, the test structure, exam scores, registration methods, or any other test basics topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their SAT preparation
- Prefer learning SAT topics visually
- Find themselves needing help with the test basics portion of their SAT review
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in their SAT preparation
- Don't have access to an SAT prep instructor
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make reviewing SAT test basics simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live SAT prep tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Complete your test basics review on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn the role of the SAT in the college admissions process and changes that have been made to the exam.
- Study the structure of the test and how it's timed.
- See a breakdown of the number of questions in each section and learn the types of questions.
- Find out how scoring works and how scores are reported to colleges.
- Review the process for registering for the test and find out what to bring and what to leave at home on test day.
- Get some tips for performing at your best on test day.
1. The New SAT vs. the Old SAT
The SAT has changed in March, 2016. Read on to learn about the differences between the previous SAT and the new test, and get some advice on how to prepare for exam day.
2. What is the SAT? - History, Changes & Importance
You know you have to take the SAT. But did you know where it comes from, how it's changed over time or why it looks the way it does? And are you wondering whether you should go for the SAT or the ACT? Find out here!
3. The SAT Test Structure: Sections, Question Types & Timing
Looking for an introduction to what you'll see on the SAT? Watch this lesson for a quick overview of the sections, question types, and timing of the test. Beginners will find this particularly useful, since it can help you avoid confusion later.
4. How Scoring Works on the SAT: Section Scores, Equating & Reporting
Confused by SAT scoring? Not quite sure what all the numbers mean? Watch this lesson to learn exactly how your score is calculated and how to interpret your score report.
5. Registering for the SAT and What to Bring on Test Day
Watch this video lesson to learn how to register for the SAT, when the important deadlines are, tips for acing the registration process, and what to bring on test day.
6. Tips for Maximum Performance on the SAT
You've studied for the SAT, but are you prepared to be at the top of your game on test day? This video explains what to do on Friday night and Saturday morning to keep your nerves under control and your energy up.
7. Teaching Study Skills to High School Students
Often high school students know they need to study but just do not know how. In this lesson, skills will be discussed which all high school students can use to be successful in all academic areas.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Prep: Tutoring Solution course
- SAT Writing - About the Writing Section: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Word Choice & Expression: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Standard English Grammar: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Writing & Language Test Practice: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - The Essay Portion: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Planning and Writing Your Essay: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Parts of an Essay: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Sentence Clarity and Structure: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Essay Writing Skills: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Grammar and Usage: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Supporting Your Writing: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Revising Your Writing: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Reading - About the Reading Section: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Reading - Sentence Completions: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Reading - Reading Passages: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Reading - Understanding Reading Passages: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Reading - Interpreting & Analyzing Text: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Reading - Literary Terms: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Reading - US Documents & Speeches: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Vocabulary Practice
- SAT Math - About the Math Section: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Numbers and Operations: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Exponents: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Equations and Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Rational Equations and Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Functions: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Quadratic Equations: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Ratios, Rates & Proportional Relationships: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Unit Rate & Measurement Conversions: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Geometry and Measurement: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Triangles & Trigonometric Rates: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Data Analysis, Statistics and Probability: Tutoring Solution