About This Chapter
SAT Chemistry Test Strategy - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, review subjects related to strategies for passing the SAT Chemistry exam like types of guessing strategies. You can also study ways of maximizing performance on the test and more. Take the short multiple-choice quizzes at the end of the lessons to find out what you know. The quizzes also provide you with practice because you will be answering questions similar to the ones you will see on your test. Additional subjects in this chapter include the following:
- Content and format of the SAT Chemistry exam
- Formulas, estimation, elimination, as parts of the test strategy
- Steps for using the periodic table as a test strategy for the SAT Chemistry exam
You can move at your own pace through the chapter. This chapter is mobile friendly, and the worksheets are printable. Our instructors can answer any questions you have about the lessons and quiz.
1. SAT Chemistry Test: Content, Format & Scoring
Learn what topics are covered on the SAT Chemistry subject test and familiarize yourself with how the exam's multiple-choice questions are formatted. You'll also get information on how test results are determined and find resources that can help you prepare for your exam.
2. SAT Chemistry Test Strategy: Formulas
Did you know chemical formulas are like the blueprint towards understanding the principles of chemistry? Continue reading to learn about the different chemical formulas you should know when taking the SAT chemistry test.
3. SAT Chemistry Test Strategy: Estimation & Elimination
There are several strategies for taking the SAT chemistry test. In this lesson we will learn about two of these strategies: estimation and elimination.
4. SAT Chemistry Test Strategy: How to Use the Periodic Table
Did you know there are many different ways to use the periodic table to learn about the makeup or properties of elements? Continue reading to discover the many uses of the periodic table.
5. Guessing Strategies for SAT Subject Tests
In this lesson, we'll be looking at strategies to use for guessing on SAT subject tests, such as the chemistry test. We'll go over when and how to guess to get partial credit on this type of test.
6. Maximizing Performance on SAT Subject Tests
Taking the SAT Subject Tests may be beneficial to your college career. You may wish to apply to colleges that require the tests, wish to show off your knowledge in these areas or plan to earn college credit as a result. Regardless of the reason you take the tests, use this article to help you learn the best ways to make the most of your performance on test day.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Subject Test Chemistry: Practice and Study Guide course
- Introduction to Chemistry & Matter
- Atomic Structure in Chemistry
- Trends of the Periodic Table
- Nuclear Processes
- Introduction to Chemical Bonds
- Properties of Liquids & Solids
- Gas Laws
- Elements, Compounds & Mixtures
- Overview of Stoichiometry
- Types of Reactions in Chemistry
- Equilibrium in Chemistry
- Reaction Rates in Chemistry
- Basic Concepts of Thermodynamics
- SAT Subject Test Chemistry Flashcards