About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other SAT preparation work.
- Identify the quadratic equations concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our SAT Prep Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn quadratic equations and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding how to solve quadratics, multiply binomials, complete the square or any other quadratic equations topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their quadratic equations unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in their SAT preparations
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning quadratic equations simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live SAT math tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn quadratic equations on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn how to solve quadratics not in standard form.
- Review the process of solving a quadratic equation using the quadratic formula.
- Study the steps for solving a quadratic equation by factoring.
- Understand how to factor quadratic equations with a non-1 leading coefficient and FOIL in reverse.
- Examine the process of multiplying binomials using FOIL and the area method.
- Demonstrate the steps involved in adding, subtracting and multiplying polynomials.
- Exhibit an ability to complete the square.
1. How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
Quadratic equations are second-order polynomials that have two roots and these equations can be written in various forms. Learn about the different forms of quadratic equations and the methods and properties used for solving quadratic equations that are not in the standard form.
2. How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
The quadratic formula may be used to solve quadratic equations that cannot be solved using other simple methods of factoring. Learn about the quadratic formula, how to apply it, and how to use it to solve for the roots of any quadratic equation.
3. How to Solve a Quadratic Equation by Factoring
The solutions of a quadratic equation can be solved by using a factoring method. Investigate quadratic equations and discover how to use the factoring method for solving the roots of a quadratic equation.
4. Factoring Quadratic Equations: Polynomial Problems with a Non-1 Leading Coefficient
Factoring quadratic equations with a leading coefficient other than 1 requires finding the product of the constant times the leading coefficient, and finding the greatest common factor to that pair. Discover more in this detailed lesson on factoring polynomials with a non-1 leading coefficient.
5. Multiplying Binomials Using FOIL and the Area Method
Binomials, which are algebraic expressions that use two terms, can be multiplied together in various ways. Discover how to use the distributive property, the FOIL method, the area method, and the claw and face methods to combine binomials.
6. Multiplying Binomials Using FOIL & the Area Method: Practice Problems
Multiplying binomials can be done using different methods, such as the FOIL method and the Area method. Learn about binomials, conjugates, and using FOIL and Area methods in multiplying binomials and conjugates, as well as higher-order polynomials by solving a series of practice problems.
7. How to Add, Subtract and Multiply Polynomials
Adding, subtracting, and multiplying polynomials is similar to adding, subtracting, and multiplying numbers, except there are variables to work around. Discover how to manage the unexpected and learn more about adding, subtracting, and multiplying polynomials.
8. How to Factor Quadratic Equations: FOIL in Reverse
Factoring quadratic equations requires you to use the FOIL method in reverse to break the equation down into its standard multiples. Learn how to use the reverse FOIL method and the distributive property to find the numbers that multiply to get your original equation.
9. How to Complete the Square
The method of completing the square is used for rewriting quadratic equations to their standard form. Explore the process of completing the square and learn how to use this method in solving problems involving quadratic equations.
10. Completing the Square Practice Problems
When the c-value of a trinomial equal (b/2)^2, a quadratic equation in standard form can be factored into a perfect square binomial. Learn about completing the square by solving progressively difficult practice problems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Prep: Tutoring Solution course
- SAT - About the Test: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - About the Writing Section: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Word Choice & Expression: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Standard English Grammar: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Writing & Language Test Practice: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - The Essay Portion: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Planning and Writing Your Essay: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Parts of an Essay: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Sentence Clarity and Structure: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Essay Writing Skills: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Grammar and Usage: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Supporting Your Writing: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Writing - Revising Your Writing: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Reading - About the Reading Section: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Reading - Sentence Completions: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Reading - Reading Passages: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Reading - Understanding Reading Passages: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Reading - Interpreting & Analyzing Text: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Reading - Literary Terms: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Reading - US Documents & Speeches: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Vocabulary Practice
- SAT Math - About the Math Section: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Numbers and Operations: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Exponents: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Equations and Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Rational Equations and Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Functions: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Ratios, Rates & Proportional Relationships: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Unit Rate & Measurement Conversions: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Geometry and Measurement: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Triangles & Trigonometric Rates: Tutoring Solution
- SAT Math - Data Analysis, Statistics and Probability: Tutoring Solution