About This Chapter
SAT Writing: Writing & Language - Chapter Summary
Our easy-to-use video lessons, including quizzes for self-assessment, provide a review of writing strategies and practices that you can expect to be tested on when taking the SAT. These lessons help you further develop your ability to:
- Improve sentence grammar.
- Identify sentence errors and provide solutions.
- Recognize and make changes to grammar and usage mistakes in paragraphs.
The lessons in this chapter provide examples and tips for approaching the grammar and sentence structure errors that need to be addressed. Test-taking tips for this section are also provided. To help with your studies, each lesson in this chapter contains a printable worksheet for easy review and an Ask the Instructor option that allows you to directly contact instructors if you need any clarification pertaining to this subject matter.
1. Improving Sentences on the SAT: Question Types, Samples & Strategy
While the SAT may no longer designate certain questions as being focused on improving sentences, it will still test your ability to make a sentence both stronger and more stylistically in place.
2. Identifying Sentence Errors on the SAT: Question Types, Samples & Strategy
While the SAT may have done away with a dedicated category of sentence error questions, that doesn't mean that you won't be asked to answer them. In this lesson, we see how to tackle these questions.
3. Improving Paragraphs on the SAT: Question Types, Samples & Strategy
With the shift towards a passage-based exam, you can bet that there will be plenty of opportunities to improve paragraphs on the SAT. In this lesson, we'll review the skills you'll need to master those questions.
4. Practice with Improving Sentences for the SAT
With the 2016 changes to the SAT comes a new way at looking at an old skill: improving sentences. See how you'll be asked to improve sentences on this new version of the most popular college admissions test.
5. Practice with Identifying Sentence Errors for the SAT
Once you've learned what the identifying sentence errors questions are, watch this video to get some practice figuring them out for yourself. Explanations are included in case you get stuck.
6. Practice with Improving Paragraphs for the SAT
The SAT has undergone some pretty big changes as of March 2016, but that doesn't mean that the skills tested in improving paragraph questions have disappeared! In this lesson, we walk through a few practice problems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Prep: Practice & Study Guide course
- SAT: About the Test
- SAT Writing: About the Writing Section
- SAT Writing: Text & Argument Analysis
- SAT Writing: Word Choice & Expression
- SAT Writing: Standard English Grammar
- SAT Writing: The Essay Portion
- SAT Writing: Planning and Writing Your Essay
- SAT Writing: Parts of an Essay
- SAT Writing: Sentence Clarity and Structure
- SAT Writing: Essay Writing Skills
- SAT Writing: How to Write An Argument
- SAT Writing: Supporting Your Writing
- SAT Writing: Revising Your Writing
- SAT Reading: About the Reading Section
- SAT Reading: Reading Passages
- SAT Reading: Understanding Reading Passages
- SAT Reading: Interpreting & Analyzing Text
- SAT Reading: Literary Terms
- SAT Reading: US Documents & Speeches
- SAT Vocabulary Practice
- SAT Math: About the Math Section
- SAT Math: Numbers and Operations
- SAT Math: Exponents
- SAT Math: Equations and Expressions
- SAT Math: Rational Equations and Expressions
- SAT Math: Inequalities
- SAT Math: Functions
- SAT Math: Quadratic Equations
- SAT Math: Ratios, Rates & Proportional Relationships
- SAT Math: Unit Rate & Measurement Conversions
- SAT Math: Geometry and Measurement
- SAT Math: Triangles & Trigonometric Ratios
- SAT Math: Data Analysis, Statistics and Probability
- SAT Prep Flashcards
- SAT Flashcards