About This Chapter
SAT Writing: Revising Your Writing - Chapter Summary
Develop your writing abilities and the process of revising your writing when you study the videos in this chapter. Get ready to pass the writing portion of the SAT examination by discovering what it takes to effectively edit your writing and ensuring that your essays have a clearly outlined purpose. Watch the videos in this chapter so that you can:
- Build proofreading strategies
- Implement principles for improving your essays
- Edit for mechanics and fix writing mistakes
- Practice writing essays
Look to these lessons as you get set for the writing section of the SAT examination. The online videos are animated and fun to watch. Knowledgeable instructors deliver the lessons and use conversational language while explaining writing revision techniques. Watch the short lessons, take the quizzes and submit your questions for expert assistance.
SAT Writing: Revising Your Writing Chapter Objectives
The writing and language section of the SAT examination 44 multiple-choice questions. You'll be allowed 35 minutes to complete them. There is also an optional essay question (required by some schools). You'll have 50 minutes to complete the essay section.
Overall, you'll be evaluated on your proficiency at improving sentences and paragraphs as well as your ability to identify sentence errors. You must also be able to clearly communicate ideas and display sound knowledge of grammatical structures and elements.
1. How to Proofread an Essay for Spelling and Grammar
Proofreading is the last step in revising an essay - don't skip it! A single typo can sometimes ruin the hard work of an entire paper. This lesson will help you find the right proofreading strategy for you.
2. How to Edit and Improve Essay Content
Going back through an essay that you've written in order to make substantive content improvements can be a daunting task. Fortunately, there are some basic principles that you can apply to whip your essay into shape.
3. Writing Revision: How to Fix Mistakes in Your Writing
Writing is an important skill, but revising your writing is also. In this lesson, learn the basics of self-editing, including editing for content and for mechanics, such as grammar and misspellings.
4. Practicing Essay Writing to Get Better at Writing
It can be tough to practice your essay-writing skills on your own without a teacher's feedback. With some time and practice (and by using this game plan), you'll be on your way to practicing, evaluating and improving your writing.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Prep: Practice & Study Guide course
- SAT: About the Test
- SAT Writing: About the Writing Section
- SAT Writing: Text & Argument Analysis
- SAT Writing: Word Choice & Expression
- SAT Writing: Standard English Grammar
- SAT Writing: Writing & Language Test Practice
- SAT Writing: The Essay Portion
- SAT Writing: Planning and Writing Your Essay
- SAT Writing: Parts of an Essay
- SAT Writing: Sentence Clarity and Structure
- SAT Writing: Essay Writing Skills
- SAT Writing: How to Write An Argument
- SAT Writing: Supporting Your Writing
- SAT Reading: About the Reading Section
- SAT Reading: Reading Passages
- SAT Reading: Understanding Reading Passages
- SAT Reading: Interpreting & Analyzing Text
- SAT Reading: Literary Terms
- SAT Reading: US Documents & Speeches
- SAT Vocabulary Practice
- SAT Math: About the Math Section
- SAT Math: Numbers and Operations
- SAT Math: Exponents
- SAT Math: Equations and Expressions
- SAT Math: Rational Equations and Expressions
- SAT Math: Inequalities
- SAT Math: Functions
- SAT Math: Quadratic Equations
- SAT Math: Ratios, Rates & Proportional Relationships
- SAT Math: Unit Rate & Measurement Conversions
- SAT Math: Geometry and Measurement
- SAT Math: Triangles & Trigonometric Ratios
- SAT Math: Data Analysis, Statistics and Probability
- SAT Prep Flashcards
- SAT Flashcards