About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering savings accounts and annuities material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about savings accounts and annuities. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding savings accounts and annuities
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about investing (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about savings accounts and annuities
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra investing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Savings Accounts & Annuities chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the savings accounts and annuities chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any Savings Accounts & Annuities question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a savings accounts and annuities unit of a standard investments course. Topics covered include:
- Defining savings accounts
- Finding the value of an annuity
- Calculating the present value of an annuity
1. What is a Savings Account? - Definition & Types
People use savings accounts to invest their money for short periods of time. They are the most simple, liquid types of short-term investments. Learn about some basic types of savings accounts and then test your knowledge with a quiz.
2. How to Find the Value of an Annuity
Want to see how much money you will have in the future if you make a set payment every month towards your annuity? Then watch this video lesson for the formula and how to use it.
3. How to Calculate the Present Value of an Annuity
After watching this video lesson, you should know how to calculate how much an annuity is worth at any given time. Learn how to use the formula to calculate the current worth of an annuity that you may have.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.