About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the lessons in the Saxon Solving Linear Equations chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the solving linear equations topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- Linear equations with substitution
- Elimination in algebra
- Equations with angle relationships
- Simultaneous linear equations
- Linear equations by graphing
- Inconsistent and dependent systems using Gaussian Elimination
- Linear systems in three variables
Saxon is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Solving Linear Equations With Substitution
Solving for the unknowns in a set of linear equations is a common task in math, science and engineering. In this lesson, we look at the substitution method as a systematic approach to finding the unknown values.
2. How to Solve Problems with the Elimination in Algebra: Examples
In this lesson, discover how to solve algebraic equations by elimination and see a few examples of the process in action. Then test your new knowledge with a brief quiz.
3. Solving Equations With Angle Relationships
In this lesson, we explore how to find unknown variables in geometric figures. Using examples, we will show how angle relationships work with algebra to provide solutions.
4. Solving Simultaneous Linear Equations
In this video lesson, you will learn how to solve simultaneous linear equations or a system of linear equations. Learn the steps you need to take to solve any such system using the Gaussian elimination method.
5. How to Solve Linear Equations By Graphing
This lesson will give a quick review of systems of linear equations and their solutions. We will then look at taking an example through a step-by-step process that allows us to solve a system of linear equations by graphing.
6. Inconsistent and Dependent Systems: Using Gaussian Elimination
Watch this video lesson to learn whether or not you can use Gaussian elimination to solve inconsistent and dependent systems. Also, learn whether there is another way to find solutions of these systems.
7. How to Solve a Linear System in Three Variables With a Solution
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve a linear system in three variables using the elimination method. Learn the simple operations that are needed to solve your system.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Saxon Algebra 2 Homeschool: Online Textbook Help course
- Saxon Algebra 2: Decimal Numbers
- Saxon Algebra 2: Graphs on the Coordinate Plane
- Saxon Algebra 2: Sets
- Saxon Algebra 2: Real Numbers
- Saxon Algebra 2: Complex Numbers
- Saxon Algebra 2: Conversion by Unit Multipliers
- Saxon Algebra 2: Ratio & Proportion
- Saxon Algebra 2: Percent
- Saxon Algebra 2: Rate
- Saxon Algebra 2: Exponents
- Saxon Algebra 2: Exponents on a Scientific Calculator
- Saxon Algebra 2: Roots
- Saxon Algebra 2: Probability
- Saxon Algebra 2: Statistics
- Saxon Algebra 2: Simplifying Expressions
- Saxon Algebra 2: Polynomials
- Saxon Algebra 2: Simplifying Rational Expressions
- Saxon Algebra 2: Simplifying and Solving Equations
- Saxon Algebra 2: Linear Equations
- Saxon Algebra 2: Quadratic Equations
- Saxon Algebra 2: Other Types of Equations
- Saxon Algebra 2: Understanding Functions
- Saxon Algebra 2: Manipulating and Evaluating Functions
- Saxon Algebra 2: Trigonometry
- Saxon Algebra 2: Logarithms
- Saxon Algebra 2: Lines, Points, Segments, and Planes
- Saxon Algebra 2: Angles
- Saxon Algebra 2: Polygons
- Saxon Algebra 2: Circles
- Saxon Algebra 2: Triangles
- Saxon Algebra 2: Geometric Solids
- Saxon Algebra 2: Perimeter and Circumference
- Saxon Algebra 2: Area
- Saxon Algebra 2: Surface Area and Volume
- Saxon Algebra 2: Constructions
- Saxon Algebra 2: Postulates & Pythagorean Theorem
- Saxon Algebra 2: Proofs