About This Chapter
SBA Math - Grade 6: The Coordinate Graph - Chapter Summary
This chapter reviews coordinate graph concepts to help your student prepare for the mathematics SBA test. While watching fun, entertaining video lessons, your middle schooler will cover:
- Number lines
- Parts of graphs
- Coordinate planes
- How to plot on a coordinate plane
- Finding the distance between two points on the plane
Each video has a transcript that highlights key terms. Lesson quizzes let your middle schooler practice the concepts he or she has reviewed and let you know where additional help is needed.
1. What Is a Number Line?
A number line is a visual representation of all real numbers. In this lesson, we'll learn how to identify points on a number line. We'll also practice addition and subtraction, letting the number line do all the hard work.
2. What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
Being able to read a graph isn't just vital for an algebra class. Graphs and charts are used everywhere! We'll take a crash course on the basic x/y plane used in algebra and the fundamental vocab you need.
3. Plotting Points on the Coordinate Plane
If you'll be working with a graph, otherwise known as the coordinate plane, it's essential to understand how it works. This includes learning the parts of a graph, identifying points and plotting points.
4. Ordered Pairs on the Coordinate Plane
In this video lesson, you will see how points are plotted on the coordinate plane. Learn the proper way to identify points on the coordinate plane and how to read the points.
5. How to Find the Distance Between Two Points
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to find the distance between any two points on the coordinate plane. Learn what information you and how to plug them in to your formula.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Smarter Balanced Assessments - Math Grade 6: Test Prep & Practice course
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Basic Arithmetic Operations
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Logic & Mathematical Reasoning
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Number Theory
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Introduction to Fractions
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Operations with Fractions
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Ratios, Rates & Proportions
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Percents
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Introduction to Decimals
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Operations with Decimals
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Inequalities
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Factoring
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Rational Numbers
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Basic Algebraic Expressions
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Writing Algebraic Expressions
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Algebraic Distribution
- SBA Math - Grade 6: One-Step Equations
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Perimeter & Area
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Surface Area & Volume of Geometric Solids
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Data & Graphs
- SBA Math - Grade 6: Statistics
- Smarter Balanced Assessments - Math Grade 6 Flashcards