About This Chapter
SBA Math - Grade 7: Basic Arithmetic Operations - Chapter Summary
Your students may need to brush up on their skills concerning basic arithmetic operations, and our brief video lessons can guide them during their study sessions. Before students sit down to take the SBA Mathematics - Grade 7 exam, have them read through our materials to make sure they understand the following:
- Number types
- Order of operations
- Order of real numbers
- Completing addition and subtraction problems
- Performing multiplication on small and large numbers
- Solving long division equations
- Signed numbers
- Arithmetic calculations
If you are looking for supplemental materials to help you get your students ready for assessment testing, then look no further. We provide a study guide that caters specifically to the categories and question types on the SBA Mathematics - Grade 7 exam. We have chapters available for all major topics on the exam, and those chapters have been split into miniaturized lessons. You can assign lessons to your students based on their individual needs, and you can check on their status by having students respond to lesson quizzes and chapter exams. Our instructors can also provide your students with an additional resource, since they are willing to answer your students' questions.
1. What are the Different Types of Numbers?
Learn all of the different types of numbers: natural numbers, whole numbers, integers, rational numbers, irrational numbers, and real numbers. This video lesson teaches you how to classify any numbers you come across.
2. What Is The Order of Operations in Math? - Definition & Examples
The order of operations is the steps used to simplify any mathematical expression. In this video, learn how to solve problems using these steps and easy tricks to remember them.
3. The Order of Real Numbers: Inequalities
An inequality is an operation describing how one number can be compared to another. This lesson will describe and define inequalities and the symbols used to represent them. It will also give some examples on how to work with inequalities.
4. How to Perform Addition: Steps & Examples
Addition is one of the basic operations of math. You can say that the whole of mathematics is based on addition. Without addition, we wouldn't have higher math. Watch this video to learn how to add.
5. How to Perform Subtraction: Steps & Examples
Subtraction is one of the basic operations in math. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can view and understand subtraction so that you can easily perform it.
6. How to Perform Multiplication: Steps & Examples
Multiplication, one of the basic operations of math, is important not just in elementary math but also in higher math. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can multiply with ease.
7. How to Multiply Large Numbers: Steps and Examples
After watching this video lesson you will be able to multiply any two numbers together. You will learn how to use your knowledge of multiplying smaller numbers together to multiply larger numbers with ease.
8. How to Perform Division: Steps & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can divide. Division is one of the basic operations of math. It is one of the fundamental operations that all higher mathematics depends upon.
9. Performing Long Division with Large Numbers: Steps and Examples
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to divide larger numbers. You'll learn an easy to follow procedure that you can use to divide any two numbers.
10. Arithmetic Calculations with Signed Numbers
Signed numbers are often referred to as integers. Integers include both positive and negative numbers. In this lesson, you will learn how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide integers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Smarter Balanced Assessments - Math Grade 7: Test Prep & Practice course
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Logic & Mathematical Reasoning
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Number Theory
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Introduction to Fractions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Operations with Fractions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Ratios, Rates & Proportions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Percents
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Introduction to Decimals
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Operations with Decimals
- SBA Math - Grade 7: The Coordinate Graph
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Inequalities
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Factoring
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Rational Numbers
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Basic Algebraic Expressions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Writing Algebraic Expressions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Algebraic Distribution
- SBA Math - Grade 7: One-Step Equations
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Rational Expressions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Measurement
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Lines & Angles
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Perimeter & Area
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Surface Area & Volume of Geometric Solids
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Circles
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Data & Graphs
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Statistics
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Samples & Populations
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Probability
- Smarter Balanced Assessments - Math Grade 7 Flashcards