About This Chapter
SBA Math - Grade 7: Inequalities - Chapter Summary
Part of this chapter's content is directed toward graphing inequalities, including ones with multiple variables. Students also will become well-acquainted with the following to help in getting ready for possible SBA Math items:
- Graphing inequalities with one and two variables
- How to figure out one-step and two-step linear inequalities
- Addressing problems that deal with absolute value inequalities
- Compound inequalities and related notation types
Students can view the fun video lessons on a computer or one of numerous mobile devices. If a student would like to revisit any certain segments, he or she can do so with ease by using the video tags.
SBA Math - Grade 7: Inequalities Chapter Objectives
The SBA Math Grade 7 assessments serve as indicators of how students' math skills have improved from instruction received during a school year. When students are taking one of these assessments, they will be asked questions that are mainly presented in multiple-choice format. The practice quizzes that students can complete with each lesson in this chapter will give you an idea of how they would do with similar questions on an SBA Math Grade 7 assessment.
1. What is an Inequality?
Deciding how to spend your money can be a tricky thing. Should you save it, invest it, or enjoy it? Learn how inequalities can help you make your decision!
2. How to Graph 1- and 2-Variable Inequalities
So an inequality is just an equation with a less than or greater than symbol. But what is the difference between 1 and 2 variable inequalities? What does have a greater than or equal to symbol change? When do you use a number line instead of a coordinate plane? Get those answers here!
3. Set Notation, Compound Inequalities, and Systems of Inequalities
In this lesson, we'll explore the conditions of compound inequalities and learn how to express them using set notation and interval notation. Test you knowledge afterward with a short quiz.
4. Graphing Inequalities: Practice Problems
If you're already pretty familiar with what inequalities are and just looking for a place to practice your skills, this is the place. This lesson covers topics like 1-variable, 2-variable, compound, and systems of inequalities.
5. How to Solve and Graph an Absolute Value Inequality
Taking two skills and combining them to make a more complicated problem is a classic tactic in mathematics. If you feel confident with absolute values and inequalities, see if you can tackle them with their powers combined here!
6. Solving and Graphing Absolute Value Inequalities: Practice Problems
Solving and graphing absolute value inequalities brings a lot of different skills together in one place. The practice problems in this video will give you a good chance to see more examples of absolute value inequalities but will also test your general algebraic knowledge.
7. Translating Math Sentences to Inequalities
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can easily translate math sentences into inequalities. Once you know how to do this, solving word problems becomes that much easier.
8. Solving One-Step Linear Inequalities
In this video lesson, you will learn how you can solve any kind of linear inequality that only requires one step. Learn when you need to subtract, when you need to add, when you need to multiply, and when you need to divide.
9. Solving Two-Step Linear Inequalities
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve any kind of linear inequality problem where you only have to perform two steps. You will know in what order to perform each step and you will know just what kind of operation you need to do.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Smarter Balanced Assessments - Math Grade 7: Test Prep & Practice course
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Basic Arithmetic Operations
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Logic & Mathematical Reasoning
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Number Theory
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Introduction to Fractions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Operations with Fractions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Ratios, Rates & Proportions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Percents
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Introduction to Decimals
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Operations with Decimals
- SBA Math - Grade 7: The Coordinate Graph
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Factoring
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Rational Numbers
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Basic Algebraic Expressions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Writing Algebraic Expressions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Algebraic Distribution
- SBA Math - Grade 7: One-Step Equations
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Rational Expressions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Measurement
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Lines & Angles
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Perimeter & Area
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Surface Area & Volume of Geometric Solids
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Circles
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Data & Graphs
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Statistics
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Samples & Populations
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Probability
- Smarter Balanced Assessments - Math Grade 7 Flashcards