About This Chapter
SBA Math - Grade 7: Lines & Angles - Chapter Summary
The concise definitions and helpful examples will ensure that students are well-acquainted with key content on angles and lines. From examining this chapter, students will be ready for questions on the SBA Math Grade 7 assessment about:
- Right angles and the Pythagorean theorem
- Obtuse and acute angles
- Rays and line segments
- The midpoint theorem
- Types of geometric construction
- Alternate interior and exterior angles
Students can easily look over anything again in a video lesson by using the handy video tags. The chapter's practice quizzes that correspond with each lesson target the most important components and provide an accurate picture of a student's grasp of the topics.
SBA Math - Grade 7: Lines & Angles Chapter Objectives
The SBA Math Grade 7 assessments help gauge the extent of students' progress in the subject during the school year. On the summative assessment, one of the content categories specifically targets subject matter on angle measurement, asking multiple-choice, computer-adaptive questions. The quizzes available to students in this chapter may contain questions that closely resemble SBA Math Grade 7 assessment items.
1. Line Segments & Rays: Definition & Measurement
Watch this video lesson to learn the difference between a line segment and a ray. You will also learn how to measure and add line segments. Learn why you can't measure or add a ray.
2. Points, Lines & Angles in Geometry
After watching this video lesson, you should understand the basic terms that form the foundation of geometry. Learn what a point is, what a line is, what an angle is, and learn about a special type of angle called a right angle.
3. Geometric Constructions Using Lines and Angles
Watch this video lesson to learn about geometric construction and how you can copy line segments and angles without using any numbers. All you need is a straight edge and a compass.
4. Practice Making Geometric Constructions with Tools
There are a number of tools available to geometry students to help make their work a bit easier. In this lesson, we will review how to use many of them in order for you to get the most out of every geometry class.
5. Line Segment Bisection & Midpoint Theorem: Geometric Construction
Watch this video lesson and you will learn how to bisect a line segment without measurements using just a compass and a straight edge. You'll also learn about the midpoint theorem, which lets you calculate the midpoint if you have the measurements.
6. Dividing Line Segments into Equal Parts: Geometric Construction
Watch this video lesson to learn one way to easily divide any line segment into as many equal parts as you need. Also, learn where in real life this skill comes in handy.
7. What is an Acute Angle? - Definition, Description & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn what makes an angle acute and see a few different examples of them. After the lesson, you can test your new knowledge with a brief quiz.
8. What is an Obtuse Angle? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn what angles, right angles, and obtuse angles are; you'll see a few examples of different obtuse angles. Test your knowledge with a brief quiz once you've completed the lesson.
9. What is a Right Angle? - Definition & Formula
In this lesson, you will learn about the properties that identify right angles. You will also discover where right angles can be found and learn about what makes them so useful. You can then test your knowledge with a quiz.
10. Types of Angles: Vertical, Corresponding, Alternate Interior & Others
In addition to basic right, acute, or obtuse angles, there are many other types of angles or angle relationships. In this lesson, we will learn to identify these angle relationships and discuss their measurements.
11. Constructing an Angle Bisector in Geometry
Watch this video lesson to learn a cool way to split an angle in half. You can use this method to split a pie slice in half where you can be sure each side is equal.
12. Constructing Equilateral Triangles, Squares, and Regular Hexagons Inscribed in Circles
Constructing an accurate triangle, square, or hexagon within a circle is a matter of a few simple steps, and can be extremely practical. In this lesson, we'll practice the construction of those three shapes.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Smarter Balanced Assessments - Math Grade 7: Test Prep & Practice course
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Basic Arithmetic Operations
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Logic & Mathematical Reasoning
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Number Theory
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Introduction to Fractions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Operations with Fractions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Ratios, Rates & Proportions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Percents
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Introduction to Decimals
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Operations with Decimals
- SBA Math - Grade 7: The Coordinate Graph
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Inequalities
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Factoring
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Rational Numbers
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Basic Algebraic Expressions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Writing Algebraic Expressions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Algebraic Distribution
- SBA Math - Grade 7: One-Step Equations
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Rational Expressions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Measurement
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Perimeter & Area
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Surface Area & Volume of Geometric Solids
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Circles
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Data & Graphs
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Statistics
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Samples & Populations
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Probability
- Smarter Balanced Assessments - Math Grade 7 Flashcards