About This Chapter
SBA Math - Grade 7: Operations with Fractions - Chapter Summary
There are many different rules to remember with fractions, but you can give your students a quick recap about operation rules by showing them these lessons. Do everything you can to get your students ready to face the SBA Mathematics - Grade 7 exam, including assigning the lessons from this study guide to help them learn more about these topics:
- Subtraction and addition rules for like and unlike fractions
- Adding and subtracting mixed numbers
- Steps for dividing and multiplying fractions
- Solving equations with complex fractions
- Operation rules for decimal notation
- Making estimations with mixed numbers, fractions, and quotients
Students can start off by examining the video lessons. They will have the option to choose any lesson, so they can watch lessons in or out of order, skip around, and re-watch videos if necessary. All lessons have three key components: a short video; a transcript; and, a lesson quiz. Our instructors provide voiceovers for the videos to reacquaint your students with the mathematical procedures and concepts. Students can refer to transcripts as they commit vocabulary words to memory, or if they need a quick reference for terms and formulas. Scores on the lesson quizzes, as well as the end-of-chapter exams, may help you and your students gauge whether they are ready to take the SBA Mathematics - Grade 7 exam.
1. How to Add and Subtract Like Fractions and Mixed Numbers
When adding and subtracting fractions, you must be sure to have a common denominator. Once you have a common denominator, you just add or subtract your numerators and then your whole numbers. Learn how in this lesson.
2. How to Add and Subtract Unlike Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Simple fraction arithmetic gets a little more complicated when our denominators don't match. In this lesson, we'll learn how to add and subtract unlike fractions. Then, we'll do the same with mixed numbers.
3. Multiplying Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Multiplying fractions is much more straightforward than adding, subtracting or dividing fractions. In this lesson, learn how it works. We'll also learn how to multiply mixed numbers.
4. Dividing Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Dividing fractions and mixed numbers? It sounds daunting, but it's not as tricky as it sounds. In this lesson, we'll learn how to divide fractions and mixed numbers.
5. How to Solve Complex Fractions
Did you know fractions can nest within fractions? In this lesson, we'll learn about complex fractions and look at two different methods for solving them.
6. Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division with Decimal Notation
Performing operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division has some differences when there are decimals involved. This lesson will explain how to perform these operations all while keeping the decimals straight.
7. Practice with Fraction and Mixed Number Arithmetic
Adding whole numbers is one thing. But adding fractions and mixed numbers? That's not so simple. Or is it? In this lesson, we'll practice arithmetic with both fractions and mixed numbers.
8. Estimation Problems using Fractions
When working with fractions, estimating can save time and effort while getting you very close to the correct answer. In this lesson, we'll learn how to use estimation to quickly solve problems involving fractions.
9. Estimating Products & Quotients of Fractions & Mixed Numbers
You will be able to quickly estimate the answer to a multiplication or division problem involving fractions after watching this video lesson. Learn how to estimate the fraction for the best estimate.
10. Solving Problems using Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Fractions don't just live in math problems. They're all around us, helping us through our lives. In this lesson, we'll look at real scenarios where your ability to work with fractions can save the day.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Smarter Balanced Assessments - Math Grade 7: Test Prep & Practice course
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Basic Arithmetic Operations
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Logic & Mathematical Reasoning
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Number Theory
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Introduction to Fractions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Ratios, Rates & Proportions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Percents
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Introduction to Decimals
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Operations with Decimals
- SBA Math - Grade 7: The Coordinate Graph
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Inequalities
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Factoring
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Rational Numbers
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Basic Algebraic Expressions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Writing Algebraic Expressions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Algebraic Distribution
- SBA Math - Grade 7: One-Step Equations
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Rational Expressions
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Measurement
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Lines & Angles
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Perimeter & Area
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Surface Area & Volume of Geometric Solids
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Circles
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Data & Graphs
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Statistics
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Samples & Populations
- SBA Math - Grade 7: Probability
- Smarter Balanced Assessments - Math Grade 7 Flashcards