About This Chapter
Scholarship Roles of CNEs - Chapter Summary
Scholarship, or the pursuit of research, plays a major role for CNEs in higher education, and this chapter will help you get a better grasp on the impact of scholarship. Open up the lessons to take a closer look at the major terms and concepts associated with using evidence to develop a better student learning process. Once you go through all of the lessons, you should have the skills necessary to do the following:
- Review the significance of scholarship for CNEs
- Show evidence-based instruction methods for higher education
- Determine the principles of evidence-based practice in nursing
- Establish how to enhance student learning through colleague collaborations
- Outline a general overview of academic integrity and related policies
Many of our users enjoy our article-style lessons, because they read like mini study guides. Each article-style lesson focuses on one specific aspect of the chapter, which keeps your attention on one topic at a time. The headers help you recognize major concepts within the lessons, and the key terms and definitions are often set apart with bolded lettering and italics. These lessons also use visual aids, such as charts, pictures, and other helpful images.
At the end of each lesson is a lesson summary, which can be useful for several different reasons. As you read through the lessons, the summaries remind you of the major topics you have just gone over. You can also read the lesson summaries first if you are already familiar with the topic and wish to refresh your memory. The lesson summaries also prove helpful for those last-minute cram sessions right before a major exam.
1. Scholarship of Teaching for Certified Nurse Educators
This lesson will describe how to use evidence and research to incorporate scholarship into the role of nurse educator. The nurse educator will understand the importance of an inquiring mind, student development, critiquing evidence, and research participation.
2. Evidence-Based Instruction for Higher Education
In this lesson, we will explain the importance of using evidence based instruction to improve and support teaching in higher education. We will also provide resources for higher education teachers to find current research and peer reviewed articles.
3. Evidence-Based Practice: Definition & Principles
If you were a patient in the hospital, would you want the best and most recent evidence to be used in your care? In this lesson, we will learn about the benefits of using evidence-based practice in nursing.
4. Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing
Healthcare is always changing and evolving. As such, nurses must constantly update their practice to keep up with change and ensure the best patient outcomes. This lesson discusses evidence-based practice and how it affects nursing.
5. Collaborating with Colleagues to Improve Student Learning
As a teacher, you are not alone. You have a variety of other professionals to call upon to help improve student learning. In this lesson, we look at how to leverage their expertise to improve outcomes.
6. Academic Integrity: Definition, Policy & Overview
Academic integrity is the moral code by which education is administered. In this lesson, we will discuss the definition, current policies, and overview of academic integrity in modern academia.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Exam Study Guide course
- Classroom Teaching Strategies
- Clinical Teaching Strategies for CNEs
- Understanding Learning Styles
- Methods of Delivery for CNEs
- Classroom Technology
- Communication Skills for CNEs
- Critical Thinking Skills for Nurses
- Positive Learning Environments for Nurses
- Role of Diversity in Nursing Student Learning
- Goal Setting in Nursing Programs
- Learning Domains & Assessments
- Assessment Development
- Assessment Strategies
- Summarizing & Analyzing Educational Assessments
- Grading & Reporting Student Progress
- Curriculum Development in Nursing Programs
- Professional Development for CNEs
- Leadership Roles of CNEs
- The Role of CNEs in the Academic Community
- Nursing Program Overview
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Exam Study Guide Flashcards