About This Chapter
School Assembly & Event Ideas - Chapter Summary
Our instructors have created this chapter as a teaching resource to provide educators with some inspiration concerning ideas for school assemblies and events. Some of the lessons in this chapter go over assembly ideas for all grade levels, and a few of the lessons address additional activity concepts for other major school functions.
This chapter gives you the answers you need in one, easy-to-find location. Whether you need to make plans for an event happening at the end of the school year or one happening next week, these lessons are full of new ideas and concepts that you can try directly at your school site. Furthermore, since everything we offer is online, you can use your favorite Internet-ready device to bring up the lessons in this chapter during your next event-planning committee meeting.
How It Helps
- Saves time: With all your other responsibilities, you only have so much free time available for planning events, but this chapter will help you make the most of that time by giving you tested activity ideas for all grade levels.
- Encourages teacher involvement: With all of the new ideas available in these lessons, you will be ready and excited to get involved in the assembly planning process.
- Explains helpful strategies: If you have never planned a school event, you may feel intimidated by the whole ordeal, but luckily these helpful strategies in the lessons provide you with some excellent teaching resources that can be implemented immediately.
At the end of this chapter, you will be ready to:
- Offer examples of assembly ideas for elementary schools
- Review concepts for middle school assemblies
- Determine outlines for running assemblies for high schoolers
- Establish plans for school carnivals
- Figure out ideas for spirit week activities
1. Elementary School Assembly Ideas
An assembly can be a great way to bring an elementary school together and help children get to know each other. This lesson gives you some ideas for unique and memorable assemblies.
2. Middle School Assembly Ideas
Assemblies can impart information, bring students together, and inspire action. When done properly they can be highly interesting, fun and engaging. Why not implement some of these possible assembly ideas?
3. High School Assembly Ideas
High school assemblies can be a great opportunity to build community, have fun, and educate the whole school on an important issue. Check out these ideas for high school-appropriate assemblies.
4. School Carnival Ideas
Check out this lesson and discover the many ways to design and create a fun school carnival for your students and community. Try these out at your school.
5. Spirit Week Ideas
When Spirit Week is well-planned, it can be fun for a wide variety of students. Check out some of these ideas that you can use during your school's Spirit Week: everything from themes to events and activities.
6. End Of Year Kindergarten Activities
Reaching the end of the school year with any group of students is a cause for celebration. In this resource, you'll find a variety of individual and group activities for your kindergarten students to reflect on the school year.
7. 100th Day of School Activities
The 100th day of school should be celebrated, and these activities will give you some ways in which to do so while also introducing some literacy and math skills into the classroom.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Lesson Planning Ideas for Teachers course
- Integrated Curriculum Resources
- Peer Tutoring Resources
- Lesson Plan Templates & Examples
- Education Models in Lesson Planning
- Early Childhood Lesson Plan Templates & Examples
- Common Core Lesson Plan Templates & Resources
- Movie Lesson Plans & Classroom Resources
- Bell Ringer & Exit Slip Resources
- Project Rubrics
- Back to School Activities
- Field Trip Resources