About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your basic science homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your basic science homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Science vocabulary
- The Scientific Method
- Methods of experimental design
- The metric system
- Unit conversion
- Reading scientific graphs and charts
1. Science Vocabulary & Concepts: Study Skills & Word Parts
Learning science presents a unique set of challenges for students. In this lesson, learn the tricks of the trade as we discuss scientific vocabulary and other science study skills.
2. The Scientific Method: Steps, Terms & Examples
The scientific method is more than just hypotheses and experiments. In this lesson, we'll explore the themes and variations that make up the world of science.
3. Experimental Design in Science: Definition & Method
What are the requirements of a scientific experiment? How do scientists turn hypotheses into theories and laws? Learn the answers to these questions and more in this lesson on the design of scientific experiments.
4. The Metric System: Units and Conversion
Just like you and your friend communicate using the same language, scientists all over the world need to use the same language when reporting the measurements they make. This language is called the metric system. In this lesson we will cover the metric units for length, mass, volume, density and temperature, and also discuss how to convert among them.
5. Unit Conversion and Dimensional Analysis
How is solving a chemistry problem like playing dominoes? Watch this lesson to find out how you can use your domino skills to solve almost any chemistry problem.
6. How to Read Scientific Graphs & Charts
How do scientists summarize their findings with visual aids? In this lesson, explore the different types of tables, charts and graphs that scientists use. Learn to read these effectively as a preview to your science studies.
7. Simple Diffusion: Definition & Examples
This lesson will provide you with a definition of simple diffusion. Also, an example and illustration will be provided to support your understanding of the process.
8. What is a Test Hypothesis?
Whether it is answering a statistical question or developing the methods for a chemistry experiment, a test hypothesis is fundamental in science. Learn what a test hypothesis is and why it is such an important concept to understand.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Biology: Homework Help Resource course
- Basic Science Lab Skills: Homework Help
- Inorganic Chemistry Review for High School Biology: Homework Help
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry: Homework Help
- Enzymatic Biochemistry: Homework Help
- Cell Biology: Homework Help
- Requirements of Biological Systems: Homework Help
- Cell Communication: Homework Help
- Metabolic Biochemistry: Homework Help
- Cell Division: Homework Help
- Nucleic Acids - DNA and RNA: Homework Help
- DNA Replication - Processes and Steps: Homework Help
- The Transcription and Translation Process: Homework Help
- Genetics - Principles of Heredity: Homework Help
- Genetic Mutations: Homework Help
- DNA Technology and Genomics: Homework Help
- Bacterial Biology Overview: Homework Help
- Introduction to Viruses: Homework Help
- The Origin of the Universe and Life on Earth: Homework Help
- Geologic Time: Homework Help
- Evolution Overview: Homework Help
- Phylogeny and the Classification of Organisms: Homework Help
- Plant Biology: Homework Help
- Plant Reproduction and Growth: Homework Help
- Introduction to Fungi: Homework Help
- Introduction to Invertebrates: Homework Help
- Introduction to Vertebrates: Homework Help
- Digestive System & Other Systems: Homework Help
- The Nervous, Immune, and Endocrine Systems: Homework Help
- Animal Reproduction and Development: Homework Help
- Human Reproductive Systems: Homework Help
- Ecology and the Environment: Homework Help
- Human Effects on the Environment: Homework Help
- Animal Behavior: Homework Help
- Basic Molecular Biology Laboratory Techniques: Homework Help
- Analyzing Scientific Data: Homework Help