About This Chapter
Science Standards for Northeastern States - Chapter Summary
This chapter contains helpful resources that provide the necessary information on Next Generation science education standards for northeastern states. Educators can watch these videos to learn the educational guidelines for states such as:
- New York
- New Jersey
These resources also differentiate the different science standards for specific grade levels. You'll find an overview of the standards by grade level and subject. We also include links to helpful science courses and lessons that assist you in presenting this information to your class.
How It Helps
- Details standards: By learning about the different science education standards in individual northeastern states, teachers will be able to construct lesson plans that conform to the guideline for their state.
- Emphasizes grades: Since science education guidelines differ according to grade level, these lessons provide specific emphasis on the science standards unique to individual grades.
- Maximizes education: With a thorough understanding of these science standards, educators can maximize the learning outcomes of their students.
Once they have finished the chapter, educators will be able to:
- Conform lesson plans to the science guidelines of their particular northeastern state
- Understand guideline differences for different states
- Plan grade-appropriate science lessons
1. Next Generation Science Standards in Massachusetts
Education officials in Massachusetts encourage instructors to follow the Next Generation Science Standards, or NGSS. Read on to learn more about science instruction in the state.
2. Massachusetts Science Standards
Discover the science standards used in Massachusetts and get information regarding what students study in each grade. Helpful study resources for elementary, middle and high school are also discussed.
3. Massachusetts Science Standards for Grade 1
Discover the science standards for first grade students throughout schools in Massachusetts. Learn about the content that is introduced at the first grade level, and become familiar with resources that will help students review science concepts learned in class.
4. 4th Grade Massachusetts Science Standards
Reading this article will help you understand the science standards Massachusetts uses for 4th grade. You'll get information about what students will learn and you can also find tips for how students can get extra study help.
5. New Jersey Science Standards
New Jersey science standards are in place for students in grades K through 12 to expose them to science and its influence on the world. Read on to learn more about the standards and what resources you can use to enhance your students' science knowledge.
6. New Jersey Science Standards for First Grade
Learn more about first grade science standards for New Jersey classrooms. Discover the content students learn at the first grade level and become familiar with resources that can help them review the science concepts they'll need to know to meet these standards.
7. New York State Science Standards
New York's science standards aim to expose students in grades P through 12 to science concepts and problem-solving practices to help prepare them for life after high school. Read on to learn more about the standards and find resources for students and teachers.
8. Third Grade New York State Science Standards
New York recently introduced a complete overhaul of its science standards for students in grades P-12. Read on for more information on the content and learning objectives for students in the third grade.
9. New York State Earth Science Standards
Develop your understanding of the Earth science standards used in New York with this article. Find out what students will learn in this class, get information about the Regents exam and access study resources.
10. New York State Science Standards for Grade 4
Discover the standards used in fourth grade science classes throughout New York. Find out what content students will learn, and become familiar with resources that can help students review their science knowledge.
11. Pennsylvania Science Standards
Get information about the science standards used in Pennsylvania with this article. Find out what students will learn in different grades. Access useful study resources that can help kids understand scientific concepts.
12. 7th Grade Pennsylvania Science Standards
You can check out this article when you're ready to learn more about Pennsylvania's 7th grade science standards. Find out what students in this grade will study and explore useful educational options.
13. 5th Grade Pennsylvania Science Standards
Learn about Pennsylvania's science standards for 5th graders with this article. Get information about the scientific concepts students will study in this grade and find educational resources.
Earning College Credit
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page