About This Chapter
Science TEKS - Chapter Summary
Our instructors have built this chapter to assist you with aligning your science curriculum with the state standards set by the TEKS. Some of the interesting topics you will go over in this chapter include:
- Curriculum design for biology classes
- Applying TEKS standards to your curriculum
- Many more tips for keeping up the standards
The lessons in this chapter address all the TEKS-related topics individually, allowing you to focus on the specific topics you need to review. Article-style lessons can be read in a matter of minutes, so you get all the tips you want in an amount of time that fits your busy schedule.
How It Helps
- Saves you time: Instead of wasting hours brainstorming ideas on how you could maintain the standards, this chapter gives you proven strategies that you can implement immediately.
- Focuses on student skills: The TEKS standards strive to promote student excellence, so using this chapter lets you uphold those standards while you focus on student skills.
- Improves teacher resources: Designing lesson plans that meet every single standard can prove difficult, which is why you want every resource available to give you new ideas or strategies on how to proceed.
After you go through this chapter, you will be able to:
- Utilize TEKS standards for designing biology lesson plans
- Implement TEKS guidelines for creating science curriculum
1. Biology TEKS: Curriculum Planning & Alignment
As a biology teacher in Texas, you might be wondering how to better align your curriculum with TEKS. This lesson gives you an overview of the standards and some tips for planning your work.
2. Using TEKS in Texas Science Curriculum
If you are a teacher in Texas who works with the science curriculum, it can be helpful to have a broad view of how the TEKS science standards work. This lesson provides you with an overview oriented toward helping you make the most of TEKS for science.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Resources for Texas Educators course
- Kindergarten TEKS
- First Grade TEKS
- Second Grade TEKS
- Third Grade TEKS
- Fourth Grade TEKS
- Fifth Grade TEKS
- Sixth Grade TEKS
- Seventh Grade TEKS
- Eighth Grade TEKS
- History TEKS
- Subject Area TEKS
- Special Education in Texas
- Texas Education Laws & Policies
- Texas Teacher Certification & Professional Development