About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the lessons in the ScienceFusion Sound Technology chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the sound technology topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- Echolocation and ultrasonography
- The components of a telephone
- How analogue and digital technology are different
ScienceFusion is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. What is Echolocation? - Definition & Examples
Some animals have the ability to locate prey, navigate, and even communicate with one another using echolocation. This lesson will describe what echolocation is and provide examples of how it works.
2. What Is Ultrasonography? - Definition, History & Uses
Ultrasonography is a diagnostic medical procedure that uses sound waves to produce images on a screen, which allows medical providers to view internal structures of the body. In this lesson, you'll learn more about ultrasonography and its uses.
3. Mechanics of the Telephone
Learn about the parts of a basic telephone, and how they work: microphones, earpieces, switches, and wires. See how much you've learned, and take a quiz at the end of this lesson.
4. How Sound is Recorded & Played
What is a sound? How do you record it and play it back? Ever wondered about the inner workings of a microphone or speaker? Learn all the basics, and then test your knowledge with a quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ScienceFusion Sound and Light: Online Textbook Help course
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 1.1: Waves
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 1.2: Properties of Waves
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 2.1: Sound Waves and Hearing
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 2.2: Interactions of Sound Waves
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 3.1: The Electromagnetic Spectrum
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 3.2: Interactions of Light
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 3.3: Mirrors and Lenses
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 3.4: Light Waves and Sight
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 3.5: Light Technology