About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the lessons in the ScienceFusion Light Waves and Sight chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the light waves and sight topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- How the sense of sight works
- Causes and symptoms of visual impairment
- How visual impairment is corrected
ScienceFusion is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. The Sense of Sight: Motion, Nerves and Eye Movements
Find out how cranial nerve II, cranial nerve III, cranial nerve IV, and cranial nerve VI help you see and control the movement of your eyes. You'll learn if there's a difference between those cranial nerves and that of the abducens nerve, oculomotor nerve, optic nerve, and the trochlear nerve.
2. What is Vision Impairment? - Definition, Causes & Symptoms
Did you know that there are 285 million people in the world living with a vision impairment? Learn about vision impairments, what causes them, and more.
3. How to Correct Vision Problems
Learn about what can go wrong with human vision and various ways we try to fix it: eyeglasses, contact lenses, and laser eye surgery. Take a quiz and see what you've learned.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ScienceFusion Sound and Light: Online Textbook Help course
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 1.1: Waves
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 1.2: Properties of Waves
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 2.1: Sound Waves and Hearing
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 2.2: Interactions of Sound Waves
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 2.3: Sound Technology
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 3.1: The Electromagnetic Spectrum
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 3.2: Interactions of Light
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 3.3: Mirrors and Lenses
- ScienceFusion Sound and Light Unit 3.5: Light Technology