About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the lessons in the ScienceFusion Technology for Space Exploration chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the technology for space exploration topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- Pros and cons of different kinds of space missions
- To identify and explain the tools used in space exploration
- Different roles of satellites used for looking at Earth
ScienceFusion is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Space Mission Types: Advantages & Disadvantages
This lesson will go over four different types of space missions scientists have conducted, including flyby, orbiter, rover, and human space explorations.
2. Technologies Used to Explore Space
Orbiters, landers, rovers, and telescopes! Learn about the many pieces of technology we use to explore space, both nearby and distant. Then take a quiz and see how well you've explored the topic.
3. How Satellites Are Used to Observe Earth
After completing this lesson, you will be able to explain how satellites are used to observe the earth, including the ways that different parts of the electromagnetic spectrum are useful. A short quiz will follow.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ScienceFusion Space Science: Online Textbook Help course
- ScienceFusion Space Science Unit 1.1: Structure of the Universe
- ScienceFusion Space Science Unit 1.2: Stars
- ScienceFusion Space Science Unit 1.3: Life Cycle of Stars
- ScienceFusion Space Science Unit 2.1: Historical Models of the Solar System
- ScienceFusion Space Science Unit 2.2: Gravity in the Solar System
- ScienceFusion Space Science Unit 2.3: The Sun
- ScienceFusion Space Science Unit 2.4: The Terrestrial Planets
- ScienceFusion Space Science Unit 2.5: The Gas Giant Planets
- ScienceFusion Space Science Unit 2.6: Small Bodies in the Solar System
- ScienceFusion Space Science Unit 3.1: Earth's Days, Years & Seasons
- ScienceFusion Space Science Unit 3.2: Moon Phases & Eclipses
- ScienceFusion Space Science Unit 3.3: Earth's Tides
- ScienceFusion Space Science Unit 4.1: Images From Space
- ScienceFusion Space Science Unit 4.3: History of Space Exploration