About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the lessons in the ScienceFusion Introduction to Body Systems chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the introductory body systems topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the human body topics covered in the textbook chapter, including:
- Organ systems
- Temperature regulation
- Diseases and toxins
ScienceFusion is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. What Are the Organ Systems of the Human Body?
In this lesson, you'll learn about the 11 organ systems, which are made of multiple organs that work together to keep the human body functioning. Using easy-to-understand descriptions and illustrations, we'll explore the circulatory, respiratory and digestive, systems, among other types, after which you'll have the chance to take a brief quiz and see how well you understood the material.
2. Homeostasis and Temperature Regulation in Humans
Do you wonder how your body is able to maintain a consistent temperature? Have you ever questioned why you get goosebumps when you're cold? This lesson will introduce you to homeostasis and answer your questions about body temperature regulation and reactions, like goosebumps.
3. Diseases, Toxins & Pathogens That Disrupt Homeostasis
The body has many ways to control the internal environment so that cells can function properly. When that environment is no longer maintained, you get sick. Homeostasis can be disrupted by diseases, toxins, and pathogens as described in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ScienceFusion The Human Body: Online Textbook Help course
- ScienceFusion The Human Body Unit 1.2: The Skeletal & Muscular Systems
- ScienceFusion The Human Body Unit 1.3: The Circulatory & Respiratory Systems
- ScienceFusion The Human Body Unit 1.4: The Digestive & Excretory Systems
- ScienceFusion The Human Body Unit 1.5: The Nervous & Endocrine Systems
- ScienceFusion The Human Body Unit 1.6: The Reproductive System
- ScienceFusion The Human Body Unit 2.1: The Immune System
- ScienceFusion The Human Body Unit 2.2: Infectious Disease
- ScienceFusion The Human Body Unit 2.3: Nutrition & Fitness