About This Chapter
Search Engine Optimization - Chapter Summary
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is an essential tool for digital marketing. SEO can help you maximize website traffic and become more visible. The short video lessons in this chapter define the basics of SEO for you. Instructors explain the most important information about optimizing search engine results and building a following via social media. The quizzes included in this chapter can be used to test your comprehension of the material. By the end of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Evaluate the uses of search engines, web portals and keywords
- Outline the basics of search engine optimization
- Apply methods for optimizing search engine results through social media
- Integrate search engine optimization into digital marketing campaigns
1. Search Engines, Keywords & Web Portals
Search engines enable users to locate a vast amount of information on any topic quickly and conveniently through the Internet. Common search engines include Google, Yahoo, Bing, and AOL. The topics discussed in this lesson include search engines, Web portals, keywords, Boolean operators, spiders, search forms, database, and meta tags.
2. What is SEO? - Definition & Examples
Customers use search engines every day. Being visible to those customers is a key part of being successful online. This lesson defines search engine optimization (SEO) and how it can be applied.
3. Social Media & Search Engine Optimization
Every company needs to have a plan in place to use social media to increase search engine optimization (SEO). This lesson will provide strategies for using social media to build a following, share content, and reach influencers to increase SEO.
4. Integrating SEO into a Digital Marketing Campaign
After completing this lesson, you'll understand how important it is to incorporate proper SEO into a digital marketing campaign. You'll see how SEO works with SEM, content, and user interactions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising course
- Marketing & the Internet
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- Creating Digital Campaigns
- Segmentation & Targeting
- Online Marketing & Advertising
- Social Media Advertising & Promotions
- Mobile Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Digital & Web Analytics
- Customer Engagement & Relations
- Digital Marketing Plan Strategy
- Required Assignments for Business 309
- Studying for Business 309