About This Chapter
Seas for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Have your elementary school students work through this chapter to review information about the world's seas. They'll review the characteristics of the Dead Sea and the Red Sea, as well sea levels and sea breezes. These lessons are taught by expert science instructors who use a simple and engaging teaching style. We've also included assignable lesson quizzes that you can use to test your students' understanding of the material.
- Normal and rising sea levels
- The Dead Sea
- The Red Sea
- Sea breezes
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning sea information will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about sea levels, sea breezes and more.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding sea information
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about seas
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about earth science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about seas
- Students who struggle to understand their earth science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra earth science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the sea concepts your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about seas.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands sea facts by administering the Seas for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Sea Level Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
In this lesson, you will learn about sea level and how it is measured by scientists. We will also explore rising sea levels and what long-term effects global warming has on them.
2. Rising Sea Levels: Lesson for Kids
Some people worry about everything. Will I get my homework done in time? What do I do if the dog gets loose? You may hear some people worrying about rising sea levels. Is that something we should be worried about? Let's find out.
3. The Dead Sea Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
In this lesson, you'll learn about a very unusual place on Earth called the Dead Sea. Find out what's so special about this body of water and what it had to do with Roman soldiers.
4. The Red Sea Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Is the Red Sea really the color red? Where is it located? Find out the answers to these and other questions as you read this lesson about this salty body of water.
5. Sea Breeze Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
It makes flags blow, clouds move, kites fly and leaves dance. It's the wind! This lesson will teach you about a special type of wind called a sea breeze.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Earth Science for Kids course
- Overview of Astronomy for Elementary School
- Branches of Science for Elementary School
- Climate for Elementary School
- Overview of Geology for Elementary School
- Insects for Elementary School
- Types of Weather for Elementary School
- Understanding Matter for Elementary School
- Volcanoes for Elementary School
- Geologic Time for Elementary School
- Dinosaurs for Kids
- Fossils for Elementary School
- Oceans for Elementary School
- Landforms for Elementary School
- Spheres of the Earth for Elementary School
- Coastal Geography for Elementary School
- Bodies of Water for Elementary School
- Islands for Elementary School
- Lakes for Elementary School
- Landmarks for Elementary School
- Mountains for Elementary School
- Plateaus for Elementary School