About This Chapter
Second Grade TEKS - Chapter Summary
Our experienced instructors have created this chapter for second grade teachers in Texas who are looking for strategies that can help them implement TEKS into their lesson plans. Several topics are addressed in the chapter, including the following:
- 2nd grade math lessons that uphold the standards
- Planning curriculum in support of TEKS
- Science activities that utilize state guidelines
- Applying TEKS social studies lesson plans
- Building reading standards that meet TEKS
Our convenient teaching resources focus on your needs as an educator. First of all, our lessons are short, so you can get through them quickly without overloading your already packed schedule. We also keep our lessons free of fluff, because we know you don't have time to waste on useless information. Lastly, you can use any device with Internet access to review our materials, making it easier than ever for you to study these lessons.
How It Helps
- Encourages teacher enthusiasm: Instead of just repeating the standards in the same-old boring way, we give you realistic strategies that let you develop exciting lessons that are also compliant with TEKS.
- Changes your perspective: By following the strategies offered in these lessons, you will start to see the standards in a new light, which may help you better develop your lesson plans in line with these principles.
- Gives you more tools: No matter how well you know the standards, sometimes it's hard to come up with appropriate activities, so this chapter offers you additional tools to keep your mind percolating on new ways to implement TEKS.
After you go through this chapter, you will be ready to:
- Utilize TEKS to brainstorm 2nd grade math activities
- Build curriculum plans that comply with state standards
- Explain strategies for designing science activities that meet TEKS
- Elaborate on state guidelines for developing social studies lessons
- Outline standards-compliant reading activities
1. Aligning 2nd Grade Math with TEKS
If you are a teacher in Texas, you understand the importance of working with the TEKS framework. This lesson offers you some ideas for aligning your math curriculum with the expectations of state standards.
2. Second Grade TEKS Curriculum Planning
If you are a teacher in Texas, you are familiar with the TEKS. It can be challenging to align curriculum with these rigorous standards. This lesson offers an overview of the second grade TEKS and how you can use them for curriculum planning.
3. Aligning 2nd Grade Science with TEKS
In Texas, teachers need to align curriculum with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS). This lesson gives you some insight into how to work with your second graders on science.
4. Aligning 2nd Grade Social Studies with TEKS
Working with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills can be challenging for teachers. This lesson provides an overview of the second grade social studies standards, and offers insight into how you can align your curriculum with their requirements.
5. Aligning Lessons with 2nd Grade Reading TEKS
As a teacher in Texas, you know how important it is to work with TEKS! This lesson gives you some insight into how best to ensure that your reading curriculum aligns with the state standards.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Resources for Texas Educators course